New Member from Maryland

Welcome to the forum, nice bikes. Surprised you didn’t keep the C it couldn’t have been worth much and would have a lot of sentimental value to you. No offense intended I am sure you had your reasons. Must have been hard to give it up, but the R18 is one big upgrade.

Welcome in, Tommy.
Agree with R2K.
I love my R18, but I can't sell my R1200 C Montauk.
Been riding it for 16 years, so much memories with it.
And it's still a fantastic bike.
I'm still wondering why they didn't include power intégral ABS as an option on the R18.
The braking on my R1200C is just unbelievable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes all! With regards to the R1200C, it was and is still a great bike. Although I got more than I thought I would for it, you're right, it still wasn't all that much. The main thing for me was that I just don't ride it all that much (I have several other bikes) and while I like the idea of having it for the odd occasion where I take it out, it needs to be ridden more. Hopefully somebody else will get 20+ more years of fun out of it. I also traded in an R NineT Urban GS (again, I got more for that than expected...) and again that was a bike that I liked, but just don't ride enough. Anyway, I've already put more miles on the R18 than I did on the R1200C in the last year. Looking forward to participating in the forum!

Back