New TC in NC

Just purchased a 2022 R18 TC last weekend. Coming from a 1250 RT. I find the riding position more comfortable and I can finally flat-foot a BMW when stopped. I have to get used to the heaviness at slow speeds, when stopped and (particularly) on gravel. Otherwise, I'm enjoying riding the R18 - I am satisfied with the stock components so far and am not planning on changing anything, but will probably add the leg rests when they are available. I'll know about the seat after a Saddle Sore later this month.

Initial questions: a) I was told by the salesman that the phone compartment included wireless charging - it is not charging, though and it doesn't mention wireless charging in the user manual. Was the dealership mistaken? My Pixel 6 fits perfectly and I don't see any room for a charging cable. Anyone else using a Pixel 6? b) I cannot figure out how to get voice navigation to work. I have it turned on in both the connected app and on the bike menus. Turned it off and on several times. I use a Shoei GT Air with integrated Sena communicator. Music plays fine. I switched the audio from helmet to speakers (which, by the way, are much better than what the RT had), and still get no voice navigation. Even with the radio turned off and the volume at max, I just can't get voice navigation. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Congrats on the TC! I traded my RT in for the TC too. I have no regrets, the RT was great, but the TC is more suited for my riding style. I also have a R18FE (pure) for short rides (100 mile or so). Both bikes, get lots of compliments, on the road, but the FE, really catches people's eye.

Last edited:
Just purchased a 2022 R18 TC last weekend. Coming from a 1250 RT. I find the riding position more comfortable and I can finally flat-foot a BMW when stopped. I have to get used to the heaviness at slow speeds, when stopped and (particularly) on gravel. Otherwise, I'm enjoying riding the R18 - I am satisfied with the stock components so far and am not planning on changing anything, but will probably add the leg rests when they are available. I'll know about the seat after a Saddle Sore later this month.

Initial questions: a) I was told by the salesman that the phone compartment included wireless charging - it is not charging, though and it doesn't mention wireless charging in the user manual. Was the dealership mistaken? My Pixel 6 fits perfectly and I don't see any room for a charging cable. Anyone else using a Pixel 6? b) I cannot figure out how to get voice navigation to work. I have it turned on in both the connected app and on the bike menus. Turned it off and on several times. I use a Shoei GT Air with integrated Sena communicator. Music plays fine. I switched the audio from helmet to speakers (which, by the way, are much better than what the RT had), and still get no voice navigation. Even with the radio turned off and the volume at max, I just can't get voice navigation. Any ideas on what I'm missing?
What color ?

its nice to flatfoot

In order to get my iPhone (with case) to fit in the cubby, I cut out the two plastic clips at bottom of cubby and with BMW’s USB-C to lightening cable there is now room enough, but you really need to get the proprietary short 90 degree cable which is about 3-4 inches in length

In order to get my iPhone (with case) to fit in the cubby, I cut out the two plastic clips at bottom of cubby and with BMW’s USB-C to lightening cable there is now room enough, but you really need to get the proprietary short 90 degree cable which is about 3-4 inches in length
Thanks for the tip - I'll give that a try today. It's a handy holder and I'd like to be able to use it.

Back