New Tire recommendations

Urgefree

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hello All. I’m not really close to getting new tires but I’d like to know as much as possible before that time comes. I know very little about tires and was wondering what people thought would work well when the time comes for new rubber…. Have a great day!

How many miles on your bike so far, and what tires came with the bike?
One thing I found interesting is what the recommended tire pressure was for my R18 TC - 42.6 psi front and 46.9 psi rear. I know the TC isn’t a light bike, but I’ve never put that much psi in tires before.

Bridgestone battle cruise H50 tubeless. Not many miles just curious what people would find is a better alternative. Front 36.3psi Rear 42.1psi

After a bit of research the Bridgestones are pretty good for the money supposedly. Sounds like the Michelin Commanders come highly recommended along with metzler. Perelli makes some that sound interesting. I think they make metzlers but have a version with softer rubber. Wondering if there are any benefits or drawbacks of putting a faster rated tire than recommended…. Besides making the bike faster;)

I have the Thailand Michelin's on my R18C with almost 11,000 miles and am pleased with the wear.Probably get over 20,000 easily if not 25,000.Of course I am a nut keeping a eye on the air pressure.I have been running the Michelins on my other bikes but purchased a set of the new Crustec Metzlers and find them to be equal in performance and wear.
If you have a 19 inch wheel and want your front tire to have the same width as the 130x90-16 that is on the R18C, the 130x60-19 will have add some stability/grip with a little slower steering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Thailand Michelin's on my R18C with almost 11,000 miles and am pleased with the wear.Probably get over 20,000 easily if not 25,000.Of course I am a nut keeping a eye on the air pressure.I have been running the Michelins on my other bikes but purchased a set of the new Crustec Metzlers and find them to be equal in performance and wear.
If you have a 19 inch wheel and want your front tire to have the same width as the 130x90-16 that is on the R18C, the 130x60-19 will have add some stability/grip with a little slower steering.
Thank you. That’s an interesting thought.

Hello All. I’m not really close to getting new tires but I’d like to know as much as possible before that time comes. I know very little about tires and was wondering what people thought would work well when the time comes for new rubber…. Have a great day!
Get the Avon Cobra Chrome. You can thank me later on.

My R18B came with Bridgestones. The front was shot at 10,000km. The same replacement lasted 6,000km. Got to replace both tyres now at 16,000km. Found the Bridgestoes noisy as well as short-lived. Grip ok in wet & dry though. Is there a 'quiet' tyre out there that is longer lasting? Any whitewall option to compliment the FE?

My R18B came with Bridgestones. The front was shot at 10,000km. The same replacement lasted 6,000km. Got to replace both tyres now at 16,000km. Found the Bridgestoes noisy as well as short-lived. Grip ok in wet & dry though. Is there a 'quiet' tyre out there that is longer lasting? Any whitewall option to compliment the FE?
I just mounted a Metzler Cruisetec in the front and it is super quiet ,, good grip and handling ... I can not speak for durability ... yet ... I don't think there is a 'Whitewall' option for the Cruisetec ... but there is for the Metzer 888 series (that is very similar) ... but I am not sure if it is as quiet as the Cruisetec.

I just mounted a Metzler Cruisetec in the front and it is super quiet ,, good grip and handling ... I can not speak for durability ... yet ... I don't think there is a 'Whitewall' option for the Cruisetec ... but there is for the Metzer 888 series (that is very similar) ... but I am not sure if it is as quiet as the Cruisetec.
Thanks Ulrich, that's good to know. It looks like Avon has a whitewall rear. I've emailed them to see if they do an equivalent front.

Back