New Wunderlich B/Transcontinental Rear Case Protection Bars

VARG

Premium Member
Site Supporter
Elite Member
I received the new Wunderlich Protection Bars for the B/TC Rear Cases yesterday and they are back on their website today. The installation took a couple of hours last night, including some cleaning. The top connection is revised and completely resolves prior conflict. The chrome is fantastic, the finish is excellent as always with Wunderlich

https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/wunderlich-bag-protection-bars-r18-bagger-transcontinental.html

Note, It looks like the pictures on the website are of the original model. This is a picture of how the new one is designed.

1679440351508.png

Last edited:
I would love to know if Wunderlich also improved the overall protection of the exhaust system, over and beyond what the engine protection bar already offers in protection if the bike was to fall over?

As far as I can tell, the bars are for the most part unchanged. I grabbed a few shots of the new ones.

Attachments

• WunderlichCaseProtector_SideView.jpg
    WunderlichCaseProtector_SideView.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 62
  • WunderlichCaseProtector_RearView.jpg
    WunderlichCaseProtector_RearView.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 62
  • WunderlichCaseProtector_FrontView.jpg
    WunderlichCaseProtector_FrontView.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 61
I've accepted the design parameters as they are, for case protection bars.
It seems the bars are well positioned to protect the cases from most everyday bumps, scuffs, and scrapes.
They are very well made, and I do appreciate their flowing lines to match the R18, so I'm very satisfied with them

Link here shows pics of when I installed the first version.

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/o...underlich-bag-protection-bars.1364/post-20671

Have to remove seat, cases, passenger pegs. Then the bars mount at the rear tail frame, at the lower passenger peg bolt, and under the seat.

They come with everything needed including the zip-ties for the case wiring and a small tube of thread locker.

The instructions indicate torque values and have good pictures.

Note: the images and instructions on their website are (at this time) of the first version, but the instructions shipped with the new version accurately depict the new version. The difference is in the top connection which goes up under the seat, which was slightly redesigned.

I received the new Wunderlich Protection Bars for the B/TC Rear Cases yesterday and they are back on their website today. The installation took a couple of hours last night, including some cleaning. The top connection is revised and completely resolves prior conflict. The chrome is fantastic, the finish is excellent as always with Wunderlich

https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/wunderlich-bag-protection-bars-r18-bagger-transcontinental.html

Note, It looks like the pictures on the website are of the original model. This is a picture of how the new one is designed.

View attachment 9418
Hi Varg,
How did you install the top tab under seat ? On my installation the tab is touching the frame.

1701618599109.jpg
If I screw in the screw, tab will be blocked by the frame as you can see on picture attached. it will damage paint and twist the tab.

1701618599120.jpg
Pierre

Last edited:
Hi Varg,
How did you install the top tab under seat ? On my installation the tab is touching the frame.

View attachment 12375
If I screw in the screw, tab will be blocked by the frame as you can see on picture attached. it will damage paint and twist the tab.

View attachment 12373
Pierre
Hi Pierre, I do not see that on mine, checking just now I do see about 2-3mm clearance pretty evenly across beneath the tab, and there's been no sign of contact or movement since... over 5k miles ago. I see you do have the required spacer installed, that was my first suspicion.

If the other attachment points are attached, I'd suspect the tab may possibly be mounted on the bar incorrectly.

Can you advise if the other side fits the same way. If it's not mounted can you compare off the bike and spy a difference in the welded parts location/alignment? If so a pic of that would be helpful seeking support.

I'm certain Wunderlich will be glad to help assure you have the expected excellence in product quality. I know it's a lot of extra work to mount these more than once, but I'm glad I persisted.

Wish you best fortune,
Dave

Hi Pierre, I do not see that on mine, checking just now I do see about 2-3mm clearance pretty evenly across beneath the tab, and there's been no sign of contact or movement since... over 5k miles ago. I see you do have the required spacer installed, that was my first suspicion.

If the other attachment points are attached, I'd suspect the tab may possibly be mounted on the bar incorrectly.

Can you advise if the other side fits the same way. If it's not mounted can you compare off the bike and spy a difference in the welded parts location/alignment? If so a pic of that would be helpful seeking support.

I'm certain Wunderlich will be glad to help assure you have the expected excellence in product quality. I know it's a lot of extra work to mount these more than once, but I'm glad I persisted.

Wish you best fortune,
Dave
The other side has same shape.
Seems to be bad welding so.
Thanks for your reply, I’m waiting wunderlich support.

Back