New Wunderlich Bars

Hi,

I know that many of us are keeping an eye out for possible new handlebars made for the R18. I just noticed that Wunderlich will be offering "Beach Bars". Priced at €399, that's in line with the BMW chrome beach bars, priced at €362. From the photos showing the bars mounted on the R18, it appears to me that the Wunderlich's offer a less-dramatic beach style hand position (wrists in a more natural riding position with the Wunderlich's), which I would prefer. First photo shows the BMW's; second is of the Wunderlich's. FWIW, I believe Wunderlich should have shown their bars mounted lower. They're really not positioned as beach bars, IMHO, but the photo may show the benefit they offer taller riders.

The Wunderlich's are also chrome and come with all the necessary add-ons for a proper installation. They note on the web site, "Alongside the handlebar itself, the delivery includes longer steel flex lines for the clutch and brakes, the cable extension for the indicators as well as the necessary assembly material."

A description can be found here:

Dimensions are found here:

There is one caveat - for proper installation one must drill holes in order for the grips to be rotation locked. I assume this is done once the bars are properly adjusted for the rider. That's not a big deal, and they offer a drilling template for that purpose, found here:

Thanks!

JP

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 9.59.39 AM.png

11801-000_07_1500_blank.jpg

JP

Last edited:
Just taking a quick glance at these bars. They may offer a reduced reach but I don’t know that they are the style of a traditional beach bar.

Just taking a quick glance at these bars. They may offer a reduced reach but I don’t know that they are the style of a traditional beach bar.
Agreed, they don't seem to be actual beach bars in the photos, but if they were positioned lower, they might. If you look at the schematics with dimensions they seem to be beach-bar-like from the top view.

11801-000_08_1500_blank.jpg

Agreed, they don't seem to be actual beach bars in the photos, but if they were positioned lower, they might. If you look at the schematics with dimensions they seem to be beach-bar-like from the top view.

11801-000_08_1500_blank.jpg
Either way it is good to have options. The BMW beach bars may not work for everyone.

Had beachers on my road king way back. Terrible handling due to pushing out and not forward during countersteer. But very comfortable. Maybe the most comfortable position for me long term.

Had beachers on my road king way back. Terrible handling due to pushing out and not forward during countersteer. But very comfortable. Maybe the most comfortable position for me long term.
This is why I think the Wunderlich version are an improvement over the BMW beach bars - less pulling and pushing motion.

Back