NO the customer is not always wrong LMC

Gr8adv

Fyi i got this from LMC today. no more paypal for him. this is a REAL problem for all vendors today.

"He didn't just order a seat. Big Spoke front rims, rear fenders, front fenders, etc. worth €7,500 parts ordered. And now a case has been reported to Paypal although the parts are already in the USA with a package number. Proven.
He no longer responds to my emails and Whatsapp. So I have no money and no parts because I don't know how they come back from the USA....".

Last edited:
Fyi i got this from LMC today. no more paypal for him. this is a REAL problem for all vendors today.

"He didn't just order a seat. Big Spoke front rims, rear fenders, front fenders, etc. worth €7,500 parts ordered. And now a case has been reported to Paypal although the parts are already in the USA with a package number. Proven.
He no longer responds to my emails and Whatsapp. So I have no money and no parts because I don't know how they come back from the USA....".
Hans had me pay him using the Friends and Family option in PayPal. I don’t know how that money could be recalled since it is not attached to a purchase of any sort.
But what you are saying sucks because that is an expensive list of products.

that is a cut and paste from hans at lmc talking about a customer in the USA.
Hans should provide you with the info on the culprit. Let him know we have a community here and many of us have connections in law enforcement here in the states. We may be able to help him out.

Hans should provide you with the info on the culprit. Let him know we have a community here and many of us have connections in law enforcement here in the states. We may be able to help him out.
i too got concerned when my shipment was held up for 2 months. possibly the buyer will resend the money when it is delivered.

i too got concerned when my shipment was held up for 2 months. possibly the buyer will resend the money when it is delivered.
I would hope so. But I really have to question Hans’ aversion to just accepting credit cards for payment. The whole PayPal payment system is riskier for both buyer and seller.

Even credit cards can get chargebacks. (aka the Enzo fiasco) and they cost him at least 3% to boot.

As he has now established himself for his quality work and honesty, if i were him i would go bank transfer or nothing. zelle etc have made it as easy as a credit card purchase. i expect more and more companies to adopt this as the CC and other payment companies favor the customer to a fault.

YMMV.

Even credit cards can get chargebacks. (aka the Enzo fiasco) and they cost him at least 3% to boot.

As he has now established himself for his quality work and honesty, if i were him i would go bank transfer or nothing. zelle etc have made it as easy as a credit card purchase. i expect more and more companies to adopt this as the CC and other payment companies favor the customer to a fault.

YMMV.
Well however he chooses to do business he needs to stay on top of payment before shipping the product. Because PayPal would not reverse a Friends and Family transfer from the sender. The receiver would need to reverse it.

Also he has been curiously quiet since you mentioned this problem. I’m trying to order a fender and no response in three days.

Man, this is just another use case for crypto currency. Near instant transfer of funds, no such thing as a charge back and the fees are way lower than credit cards, wire transfers, any of the cash apps or Square or whatever. Once we have widespread adoption, issues like this and the other recent drama will be a thing of the past.

Sorry for being slightly off topic here, but it seemed pertinent given recent discussions around payment issues. Even when I sell anything substantial face to face, like a motorcycle, I offer a discount for payment in crypto because it is safer than taking a stack of hundreds or a check from a stranger.

Man, this is just another use case for crypto currency. Near instant transfer of funds, no such thing as a charge back and the fees are way lower than credit cards, wire transfers, any of the cash apps or Square or whatever. Once we have widespread adoption, issues like this and the other recent drama will be a thing of the past.

Sorry for being slightly off topic here, but it seemed pertinent given recent discussions around payment issues. Even when I sell anything substantial face to face, like a motorcycle, I offer a discount for payment in crypto because it is safer than taking a stack of hundreds or a check from a stranger.
It depends on which side of the transaction you are and if the exchange is point of sale or shipped.

In a crypto world with no charge back, the seller is protected, but the buyer has no recourse if the seller doesn’t ship the product.

In a credit card, the buyer can do a charge back and the seller is out of the product.

Normal PayPal attempts to balance those by holding the funds in escrow.

In your example of where the handoff of the bike and transfer of funds is instant like in normal POS situations, crypto can make sense.

YMMV.
No way in Hell. The consumer needs protection as well. Companies can decieve and go bankruptd overnight. I have SEEN it in the past, and was even the victim of a net based purchase several years back. Paypal saved my ass returning to me my hard earned funds. There is no way in hell I'd buy anything net based or in person in where I did not receive the product in person. Putting your trust completely in any merchant is assnine.

No way in Hell. The consumer needs protection as well. Companies can decieve and go bankruptd overnight. I have SEEN it in the past, and was even the victim of a net based purchase several years back. Paypal saved my ass returning to me my hard earned funds. There is no way in hell I'd buy anything net based or in person in where I did not receive the product in person. Putting your trust completely in any merchant is assnine.
haha. wow. i think they have medication for that. lol. all in good fun.

if i were a company that made cool custom stuff, i would be fine with secure payment. If someone like @Adrian R didn't want to buy, so be it.

if i was just a jobber/middleman that just resold other people stuff like everyone else, that would be different and I would have to take all forms of payment to compete, and would price accordingly assuming a level of fraud.

Waaaaay more shady buyers than companies.

haha. wow. i think they have medication for that. lol. all in good fun.

if i were a company that made cool custom stuff, i would be fine with secure payment. If someone like @Adrian R didn't want to buy, so be it.

if i was just a jobber/middleman that just resold other people stuff like everyone else, that would be different and I would have to take all forms of payment to compete, and would price accordingly assuming a level of fraud.

Waaaaay more shady buyers than companies.
You just contradicted yourself dude e.g. "If I made cool stuff...accept secure payment" etc. lol.. It's just stupid in book to make broad assumptions about anything... Oh, lol, and they have medication for being stupid too...thank you...all in good fun of course...

You just contradicted yourself dude e.g. "If I made cool stuff...accept secure payment" etc. lol.. It's just stupid in book to make broad assumptions about anything... Oh, lol, and they have medication for being stupid too...thank you...all in good fun of course...
nope. can't fix stupid.

Back