OBD Linx LX and Motoscan Software

After doing more research, I think that what I need to buy to clear the service reminder on my new R18 T/C is the OBD Linx LX and the Motoscan software? Please let me know if I am on the right track? My nearest dealer is 3.5 hours one way so would like to be able to do this in my own garage.

Last edited:
GS 911 works very well, bought one a few years ago to reset service reminders and troubleshoot any faults on my 14 GTL, traded that in on the 22 TC and works like a champ. My biggest gripe is my wifi at the house isnt very strong in my shop! Contemplating whether to move the shop or the house closer LOL

After doing more research, I think that what I need to buy to clear the service reminder on my new R18 T/C is the OBD Linx LX and the Motoscan software? Please let me know if I am on the right track? My nearest dealer is 3.5 hours one way so would like to be able to do this in my own garage.
Yes I have it and have used it.. no problem

Its 0-80 bucks for the lx and you have to by the professional up grade on motoscan $29 lifetime

Works, but both it and the OBDLink are a bit clunky. I didn't have an Android phone, and MotoScan only works on Android. No biggie. Ordered a $40 Android tablet that arrived same-day. The OBDLink took a few tries to get working and paired with the tablet. The only way I got MotoScan to work with OBDLink was to turn off WiFi on the tablet. For OscarT, this setup doesn't require you to be online, so there is that at least.

Once everything was configured, it was a 2 minute task to reset the service indicator. Works on my 1250GS also.

Back