Observations Onboard Entertainment Connections

Hi All,

I been trying to understand the issue with connectivity as it relates to my BMW R18B. I made some observations that I am able to reliably reproduce. I'm connecting an iPhone 13 (Latest iOS) along with Cardo 4x (Latest firmware). I believe my bike is running the latest firmware update since I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and they told me they updated it.

Everything works as expected until I use the media player. Once I start playing music stored on the iPhone using the media player through my Cardo 4x, the map stops displaying and the phone system looses the ability to hear others when a call comes in. If I use the bike XM radio instead through the Cardo 4x, the map graphics continue to display and the phone works fine.

So now I narrowed down the media player causing the problem, I would like to know if any of you can reproduce these results using the phone while displaying the GPS graphics and the Media player, through your Com? If you are not able to reproduce these issues, please provide what com you are using with your bike. I want to try to figure out a workaround to this issue. I suspect there is a setting I can change on my iPhone that could make this relationship between the devices more stable.

Regards,

John

Back