Oil Temp

According to my owners manual a should have a setting in the instrument cluster that shows the oil temperature. I cant get to show. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. anyone else have a problem with this?

Hi there. I don’t believe the R18 in general has the ability to show the engine oil temperature on the display. Many owners and reviewers have criticised BMW for not displaying this info or for displaying other information that many users consider useless.

If you share a screenshot of the page in the user manual, we can certainly have a look and offer you clarification if you by any chance have misinterpreted the information. You never know, we may discover something new together 😉👊

I found these pictures in the R18 forum here, which bikes and models are not known to me and i haven’t gone much further than that…… I was looking at doing something like putting in a sender and wiring in a gauge for the oil temp…..but might look a little further now…..

Attachments

• IMG_0619.png
    IMG_0619.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0618.png
    IMG_0618.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Well, thank you for this Zero-FG.
I was not aware the R18/Classic has this ability. I knew this critical measurement would have been monitored in the background by the computer on the bike but not necessarily display it.
Good find👊

Well, thank you for this Zero-FG.
I was not aware the R18/Classic has this ability. I knew this critical measurement would have been monitored in the background by the computer on the bike but not necessarily display it.
Good find👊
Hi Anibal, there are pages of interesting reading and singular posts with snippets of information on this site, it’s probably just a matter of finding out if it actually works on some variations of the R18 or not. There is the unknown ?? :) Cheers Mick

Hi there. I don’t believe the R18 in general has the ability to show the engine oil temperature on the display. Many owners and reviewers have criticised BMW for not displaying this info or for displaying other information that many users consider useless.

If you share a screenshot of the page in the user manual, we can certainly have a look and offer you clarification if you by any chance have misinterpreted the information. You never know, we may discover something new together 😉👊
here is a screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_3168.JPG
    IMG_3168.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
I found these pictures in the R18 forum here, which bikes and models are not known to me and i haven’t gone much further than that…… I was looking at doing something like putting in a sender and wiring in a gauge for the oil temp…..but might look a little further now…..
Interesting ... I have searched for that in my menu before and could not locate it ... I will have to search again, thanks for your post .. this should help.

Back