Ok I bought The R18 Transcontinental

Billt1NH

Site Supporter
Most likely the first R18 Transcontinental sold in new Hampshire. Purchased yesterday Sept 2 2021. 200 miles on it today. I will write a mini review in a week or so and use my 2018 Harley Davidson CVO Limited as a comparison bike.
I was going to buy a K1600B but 2022 models seem to be in question so I picked up the R18 Transcontinental at least for the time being.

Last edited:
Most likely the first one sold in new Hampshire. Purchased yesterday Sept 2 2021. 200 miles on it today. I will write a mini review in a week or so and use my 2018 Harley Davidson CVO Limited as a comparison bike.
I was going to buy a K1600B but 2022 models seem to be in question so I picked up the R18 Transcontinental at least for the time being.
You certainly made a good decision, I have experience with both the K1600B and the R18 and hands down the R18 is the better of the two.

I also bought a Transcontinental. My dealer told me mine was one of the first delivered in the country. I got the Galaxy Dust Metallic. It's really hot here in the Dallas area and I've been traveling so I haven't gotten a chance to ride it other than riding home from the dealer. I'm excited about the bike and hope to be able to report nothing but great things going forward.

Really curious to hear how it performs with added weight and no additional horsepower.
I originally test rode the R18 Classic and found it to have ample performance for a cruiser. As you would expect adding weight slows it down. That being said, having owned many Porsches my favorite was an air cooled 217 HP 1988 911 Carrera. They were considered " momentum cars" and didn't even have power steering . . Yes every one I have owned since had much more Horsepower and sophistication but I can't say were any more fun. I have 300 miles on the bike over the last 2 days and will write a mini review when I have at least double that. I will say initial impression " it's fun"

I also bought a Transcontinental. My dealer told me mine was one of the first delivered in the country. I got the Galaxy Dust Metallic. It's really hot here in the Dallas area and I've been traveling so I haven't gotten a chance to ride it other than riding home from the dealer. I'm excited about the bike and hope to be able to report nothing but great things going forward.
I wasn't looking to be the first but did buy 2 days after it landed at the dealer , Thursday Sept 2 2021. . When did you get yours?

I came off of a '12 CVO Ultra which, I bought new. Really loved the bike but it was punishing on my back, so I bought an '18 K1600 GA new, and love this bike, however I am intrigued by the TC Harleyesque appearance and love the design of the tour pack, and the bike overall. I'm looking forward to a test ride, and especially the feel of the suspension where the Harley lacked sorely (pardon the pun) with only 3" of rear travel.

Will be good to read Bilt's review of the TC!

I came off of a '12 CVO Ultra which, I bought new. Really loved the bike but it was punishing on my back, so I bought an '18 K1600 GA new, and love this bike, however I am intrigued by the TC Harleyesque appearance and love the design of the tour pack, and the bike overall. I'm looking forward to a test ride, and especially the feel of the suspension where the Harley lacked sorely (pardon the pun) with only 3" of rear travel.

Will be good to read Bilt's review of the TC!
I owned what Harley considered their finest touring machine. Rough back roads punished my back. The roads I could barely get to 30 on now cruise at 50 with ease

I owned what Harley considered their finest touring machine. Rough back roads punished my back. The roads I could barely get to 30 on now cruise at 50 with ease
I have to agree, the Touring bike's suspension is horrible. My 2018 Streetglide Special was horrible on medium to big bumps. The Softails were much better.

My concern with the horsepower or actually torque with the added weight to hear if it's adequate with the added weight and a pillion. My 2019 Fatboy had enough torque that when I put my wife on the back you'd hardly notice the difference when pulling away from a light....

I really like the Transcontinental and will probably wait till sometime next year to look into one again. I want to see what kind of discounts they offer next summer for any leftovers. Just can't afford a brand new one right now...

I have to agree, the Touring bike's suspension is horrible. My 2018 Streetglide Special was horrible on medium to big bumps. The Softails were much better.

My concern with the horsepower or actually torque with the added weight to hear if it's adequate with the added weight and a pillion. My 2019 Fatboy had enough torque that when I put my wife on the back you'd hardly notice the difference when pulling away from a light....

I really like the Transcontinental and will probably wait till sometime next year to look into one again. I want to see what kind of discounts they offer next summer for any leftovers. Just can't afford a brand new one right now...
I see your stable of bikes and didn't mean to imply by using my Porsche reference I knew more, sorry if came across that way. I ride 95% of the time 2 up and my wife for some reason needs to pack the saddle bags with stuff. You can tell an equivalent size Harley has a little more get up and go but in the first few hundred miles of mostly secondary some hy way riding I don't come home and start researching Hop up kits . Everyone of my Harleys had stage I, II or II done to them . I want quiet comfortable fun now so no loud mufflers anymore

Last edited:
I wasn't looking to be the first but did buy 2 days after it landed at the dealer , Thursday Sept 2 2021. . When did you get yours?
August 25 at 1530hrs decided I liked what I saw even if it wasn't in person, but then again brought the K1600 GTL 7 months before it even got to North America....

Seems all the dealers are saying that to those of us that brought one? Just glad to have one....

Back