One more gripe re: BMW Motorrad Connected app...

CaptJim

Site Supporter
Besides it sucks in every other aspect it also sucks in updated map too... I just downloaded the map of the region I live in. And no, it is not a small village in Ethiopia or Zimbabwe... I live in California, more precisely Northern California and in 2017 I moved to my current home. It was a new development and city recorded my street as "xxxxx Lane", instead of the correct version which supposed to be "xxxxx Court"...

In 2017 my Garmin GPS showed my street as xxxxx Lane, until February 2018 and then they correctly changed it to xxxxx Court... Up to yesterday's download BMW's Motorrad Connected data still shows my street WRONG as xxxxx Lane....Whatever source they are using, it seems after 6 years BMW Motorrad Connected did not upgrade their data... Yikes!!!

I guess BMW Motorrad Connected is actually Disconnected from the GPS data banks...

Also, does anybody really able to see the labels on the GPS map on their TFT screens while moving? I need a darn microscope to read them... Who's idea was to make the font that small and fixed size so it won't enlarge when we zoom-in on the map?

Last edited:
Here's another gripe:

Radio volume level... Whether on Sirius XM or Am or FM or Media VOLUME LEVEL increase & decrease TWO BARS at a time when it is set by the magic wheel... Why?
At one level it is too loud and at next down level is too low... Again, is there a way to make the volume level go up or down 1 (One) bar at a time?

I'm not sure it's actually solved in the thread, but there is discussion here about the 2 bar change:
https://www.r18forums.com/threads/audio-system-settings.1685/#post-24759
You're right. It doesn't.
Mentioned settings on that thread is about the bike's audio system's automatic response to the speed of the bike. So when you are doing 75mph on freeway radio will be louder and when you come to a red light and stop it will reduce the sound level to a reasonable level so you won't be blasting to the people around you at a stop.

That has nothing to do how each turn click of wonder wheel translates to how many bars increase/decrease of volume level. That setting is just to responsiveness level to the speed vs volume level ratio...

Ok I tried every possible option at settings today and still couldn't get that volume bar increase/decrease 1 bar at a time.
No matter what I tried it wasn't happening. If anybody figures it out please enlighten the the rest of us suckers!
Thanks in advance and as usual, Ride Safe!

Back