opinions on adding a bluetooth speaker

It should be able to be mounted given the custom adapters, but I see 2 potential issues with it.

1) It’s rather large and could block the speedometer from view. The example on Revzilla has a tank mounted speedo, so it might be better suited to those style bikes.
2) For the money, a headset in the helmet likely will be cheaper and better sound quality as the speakers are on your ears vs fighting wind et al.

It should be able to be mounted given the custom adapters, but I see 2 potential issues with it.

1) It’s rather large and could block the speedometer from view. The example on Revzilla has a tank mounted speedo, so it might be better suited to those style bikes.
2) For the money, a headset in the helmet likely will be cheaper and better sound quality as the speakers are on your ears vs fighting wind et al.
That’s what I was concerned about - blocking the speedo… luckily, RevZilla has an amazing return policy if I buy it and it doesn’t work out. Helmet? What is a helmet? Ha ha! I live in a state where they are not required. (Yeah I know, I’m an idiot)… In fact I am getting ready to sell a brand new, unused Cardo pack talk Bluetooth set that I bought when I had my K1600

It was easy to install. Used the supplied quick tap splice to get power near the auxiliary power port and ran the cable underneath the gas tank.

Speaker mounts use Allen wrench and were easy to assemble. Comes with various size brackets for mounting to handlebars.

I'm wondering what the advantage is over what I use in my helmet, the Cardo Freecom 1+.
I could never hear the music from the onboard radio on my Road Glide.
And.... I'm making an assumption you wear a helmet?

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the advantage is over what I use in my helmet, the Card Freecom 1+.
I could never hear the music from the onboard radio on my Road Glide.
And.... I'm making an assumption you wear a helmet?
Confession time - I don't always wear a helmet. I live in a state that doesn't require them. I know it's moronic, but - very few bikers wear one here. I have three helmets, and wear them when going on longer trips or crossing state lines.

It was easy to install. Used the supplied quick tap splice to get power near the auxiliary power port and ran the cable underneath the gas tank.

Speaker mounts use Allen wrench and were easy to assemble. Comes with various size brackets for mounting to handlebars.
Did you have to take the seat off to get to the battery connection?

Confession time - I don't always wear a helmet. I live in a state that doesn't require them. I know it's moronic, but - very few bikers wear one here. I have three helmets, and wear them when going on longer trips or crossing state lines.
Yeah, Texas doesn't require one either but it was a condition for the wife and I'm 12 days from retirement. So.... No judging... just curious.

No. Just the left plastic cover.
I hooked up the red wire to the positive terminal on my battery, and the black to the negative terminal, just like the instructions said... but it says to splice the orange wire into the acc/key ignition wire on the bike. I have no idea which one that is. Help? Thanks!

Last edited:
The auxiliary power ports are only on when the key is on, so splicing into one of the wires going to a port should work.
Actually they say on after the key is turned off for I think 15 - 30 seconds

Got it installed. In my opinion, it isn't worth it. The midrange and treble are harsh and tinny, and the bass is almost non-existent. Oh well... I guess bad tunes are slightly better than no tunes at all.

I installed the Kuryakyn 2720 and quite honestly, I like it. I am typically picky on sound quality....It does great at 75mph and has been rock-solid on performance.
It is far-better than nothing IMHO and I recommend it. mounts really nice on the bike....stays low-profile and doesnt interfere with fuel cap, instrument cluster, or anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_085938.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085938.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220730_085947.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085947.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220730_085955.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085955.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 25
Back