Ordering from LMC Bikes

MilwDave

Site Supporter
Considering placing an order from LMC Bikes in Germany. Deciphering their website is a little tough.
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered from them? If so, how did the process go for you?

Email Hans directly. Tell him what you want. He’ll respond with an invoice PDF. He insists on PayPal Friends & Family which seems risky. I bought the oil cooler and it arrived with no tracking to California in 6 days.

Friends and Family would be a no-go for me if I’ve never done business with them before.
They do seem to be legitimate but taking a credit card is the cost of doing business today and protects both buyer and seller.

I bought my oil cooler & cylinder covers from LMC. Since it's a business and I was buying, you know, a product, I used the regular PayPal. Hans did not take it well. I ended up paypaling him the percentage that is taken with regular transactions. 3%? Can't remember. Yeah, you go friends and family and you lose all the PayPal guarantees. It feels dicey but Enzo and I both bought from him without issue. Plus, don't you want that saddle?

I bought my oil cooler & cylinder covers from LMC. Since it's a business and I was buying, you know, a product, I used the regular PayPal. Hans did not take it well. I ended up paypaling him the percentage that is taken with regular transactions. 3%? Can't remember. Yeah, you go friends and family and you lose all the PayPal guarantees. It feels dicey but Enzo and I both bought from him without issue. Plus, don't you want that saddle?
He wanted to squabble over 3% PayPal charge, that says enough for me.

He wanted me to resend the money even though the payment was confirmed no longer in my account. So pony up $3k, but not in the right way, and then repeat in a slightly different way? Yeah, no.

I did email him and ask if VAT was removed for international sales. He gave me a snarky response and I haven't heard back. Still would love that cooler...

Fxxk that, lousy way ro do business, but then I have made that same observayion of this vender before.
Where else would you put up with that kind of crap?
I still have some beach front property for sale, Cheap.

I did email him and ask if VAT was removed for international sales. He gave me a snarky response and I haven't heard back. Still would love that cooler...
Yeah, as much as I want the saddle it seems a little dicey. And I'm not paying VAT. That's why I live in the USA where I can be taxed to death but not have to pay VAT.

Yeah, as much as I want the saddle it seems a little dicey. And I'm not paying VAT. That's why I live in the USA where I can be taxed to death but not have to pay VAT.
Yea Vat in Germany is now about 20%. That's real. And considering he doesn't have to pay it for international sales, it is a premium I would prefer not to pay. Cool stuff tho.

Maybe his invoices take it off automatically. For those who purchased, was VAT included?

Last edited:
I purchased and installed the oil cooler and it’s a high quality item. Agreed on the PayPal experience but I received the item in a little over a week without incident.

1639579233013.png

They just posted this info on FaceBook. I'd really like to see it on a bike. Not sure if it would be too busy for me. I've already got the machined valve covers, clutch cover, front brake cover and rear brake cover. It might be pretty sweet.

View attachment 3735

They just posted this info on FaceBook. I'd really like to see it on a bike. Not sure if it would be too busy for me. I've already got the machined valve covers, clutch cover, front brake cover and rear brake cover. It might be pretty sweet.
The interesting part of the post is the version coming with a built-in oil cooler. That should really clean up that area of the bike.

Pretty sure you’d have to take a great deal of the bike apart to get that on but the integrated oil cooler is interesting.

Back