Original Bmw side bags with Wunderlich side mount licence plate holder

Hello everyone,
I bought a Wunderlich side mount licence plate holder and then I got a very good offer on the original R18 side bags and bought them too. At first glance everything fit great and the licence plate holder was about 1 inch (2,5cm) from the left bag..so i thought - Yeeeha, win win situation....
However, on the third ride, when the bike swung down, the left bag flew out of the handle. I thought I had secured it wrong. When it happened a second time, I started to think about it, and only then did it dawn on me that when the bike swings, the bag hits the plate holder, which knocks it out of the mount. Yeah, physics...
The solution is quite simple, you need to move the bag holder a few centimetres forward. I found a bag holder bracket with offset from the Polish company Holan that does exactly what is needed. The bag is now about 3cm further forward and there is no touching, when bike is swinging. I also modified the light holder, moved it down and replaced the Wunderlich licence plate light with KOSO, because there is an aluminium case with LED stripe, held inside by double side tape, that kept falling off during hot weather.
Thus - you can use the original bags and the side plate license plate holder together, but you need to use the holder with offset holes.
It can save someone time when deciding if it can be used together and then when thinking why he loses the left bag....

Attachments

• BMW original side bags.jpg
    BMW original side bags.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Licence plate holder.jpeg
    Licence plate holder.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Damaged bag .jpg
    Damaged bag .jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Holan side bag holder with offset holes.jpg
    Holan side bag holder with offset holes.jpg