Out to see Mom

I bought the Progressive aftermarket shock and spring. I got the best one, adjustable rebound dampening, low and high speed compression adjustments.

It rode better especially with wife. Wife is gone, I lose a few 40 lbs of my own. Now I weigh 170 lbs. Bike was throwing me off the seat on big bumps.

I kept adding rebound because after a bump, the spring would kick me in the ass. Got to 6 clicks from all the way in. It rode better, stopped kicking me in the butt. Still too stiff.

So finally I took the old spring off the original shock and fit it to this new shock. I had to grind a little of the inside of the spring to fit the end. NO big deal, a dremel would do it slowly. I used a Die grinder.

Now it rides like it should. I can get bouncy on bumps or just soak them up. BIG bumps are still big. I have bottomed out twice (just a kiss) so I went up 2 clicks on compression damping.

The trip to moms. Left @ 4:00 PM. Camped overnight, went to her place, had Brasciole for lunch. I went home.
460 miles total 47 MPG, I took the slab home.

I do not remember where I got the foot pegs, I remember some one saying they could have printed Harley Davidson on them. Exact same except no words. They are nice pegs. They do not drag as much, they are higher up.

David

Back