Pacific North Wet Dealers, feedback pros-cons.

BobW

Premium Member
Site Supporter
I'll be relocating from Western NC later this year to the PNW. I've ridden through the area a number of times on trips, but have had limited interactions with shops when needing service (Seattle for my Guzzi and Tacoma for my BMW). I've seen a few comments in the failed Tranny thread 🫣(Tacoma), but was wondering if anyone could-would offer suggestions on their top choice(s) or more last resort thoughts on the dealers in the WA-OR area primarily or an extended range for general information too.

TIA 🍻🍻

All I can say is that in the Southern end of Oregon you won't find a certified dealership ... Hansens was the last and he just folded. He is still there but not under the BMW banner ... closest one to me now is Eugene, met the guy .. nice guy ... but I have no experience with service from them or what they charge ... sorry.
but if you come to Southern Oregon ... give me a shout, I buy you a beer :cool:

All I can say is that in the Southern end of Oregon you won't find a certified dealership ... Hansens was the last and he just folded. He is still there but not under the BMW banner ... closest one to me now is Eugene, met the guy .. nice guy ... but I have no experience with service from them or what they charge ... sorry.
but if you come to Southern Oregon ... give me a shout, I buy you a beer :cool:
Thanks for the information. Too bad about Hansens, I had read some old posts and they seemed more like an old school-family shop that would have been a good option if needed. I saw they had a fire and expected to reopen last year according to their website and then no more updates seemed like things had changed in a big way.

Anyway, when the stars align I will give you a shout and would enjoy raising a glass (or two) 🍻

Thanks for the information. Too bad about Hansens, I had read some old posts and they seemed more like an old school-family shop that would have been a good option if needed. I saw they had a fire and expected to reopen last year according to their website and then no more updates seemed like things had changed in a big way.

Anyway, when the stars align I will give you a shout and would enjoy raising a glass (or two) 🍻
Looking forward to that!
... and Craig (Hansen) would have continued ... the way it was put to me is, that his shop was always a little too small for BMW specs ... but he had been there for so long (40+ years) that he was 'Grandfathered' in ... after the Alameda fire here in the region that wiped out his ... and a bunch of other shops ... BMW insisted on a bigger building .. but the lot was a bit too small for that and the cost for the bigger building would have by far (very far) exceeded what the insurance paid him ... he was left with very little choice .. he and his head mechanic Dave are still around .. they moved operations to Medford and are still a great place to bring your bike to ... just not under the BMW banner anymore ... I am a little sad about that.

Back