Parts availability

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with my new R18b. This was a demo bike with a little less than 200 miles when I bought it. After I got it home it had an obnoxious squeal from the back brake. Took it back to the dealer and they tried to "fix it". that didn't work so the dealer said they were going to replace the rear rotor. The dealer is telling me that they don't know when they can get the part. Is anyone else having this issue? Are parts availability really that bad from BMW? I had a 1250RS prior to this and had no issues getting parts.

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with my new R18b. This was a demo bike with a little less than 200 miles when I bought it. After I got it home it had an obnoxious squeal from the back brake. Took it back to the dealer and they tried to "fix it". that didn't work so the dealer said they were going to replace the rear rotor. The dealer is telling me that they don't know when they can get the part. Is anyone else having this issue? Are parts availability really that bad from BMW? I had a 1250RS prior to this and had no issues getting parts.
Mine had a similar squeal when I bought it and was 260mls and ex demo. It does not make the noise anymore and we are at 1200mls now. I think the noise came from the pads as they were new and so the rotor. Never noticed it on the front ones though. Although the breaks are linked, I use the rear breaks at slow speeds whilst filtering through traffic in London by pressing the rear brake pedal.
If it bothers you too much try some break cleaning spray. I have used them in the past (other bike and car) to get rid of road grime and also to hydrate the pads and they do the trick.

Last edited:
10 000 miles and my rear brake still squeaks ... I just got used to it ... most of my bikes all did/do that ... I wished I had a fix for it ...

I haven't noticed any brake noise on my R18 B; try playing your music louder, I think that's why I haven't noticed anything noise wise..

Mine had a similar squeal when I bought it and was 260mls and ex demo. It does not make the noise anymore and we are at 1200mls now. I think the noise came from the pads as they were new and so the rotor. Never noticed it on the front ones though. Although the breaks are linked, I use the rear breaks at slow speeds whilst filtering through traffic in London by pressing the rear brake pedal.
If it bothers you too much try some break cleaning spray. I have used them in the past (other bike and car) to get rid of road grime and also to hydrate the pads and they do the trick.
Me too

Back