Passenger Backrests are Listed on BMW's Website

Slotheadslim

See https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/search?search_str=backrest .

Maybe these have been there a while. I have no idea when they showed up but a few months ago I checked with my local dealer and they didn't have any backrest parts showing up in their systems. I checked MaxBMW's website today and their part search was showing the backrest I wanted for my 2021 R18 Classic. When I called MaxBMW they weren't in stock and no ETA but I'm taking at least a listing and pictures to be a good sign that they're coming. Initially I called MaxBMW because I have the Weekender seat and I wanted to see if they had any dimensions since the passenger seat is thicker than the stock seat and I wanted to check for proper clearance between the passenger seat and backrest. They didn't have any information yet.

4B15CBF3-4A90-4B45-873D-50DCDE9AE6AF.jpeg
It took a long time to get, like over two months, but I’m satisfied with the build quality of the sissy bar I bought at roadstyler.com. They made the bag brackets and luggage rack you see in the photo as well.

Yes, it shipped from the Czech Republic. When I emailed questions, they replied, in English, with answers. Only complaint is how long it took to build and ship.

Attachments

• 5FB84127-61C0-4C7D-BD30-3208F3DB319A.jpeg
    5FB84127-61C0-4C7D-BD30-3208F3DB319A.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 13
See https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/search?search_str=backrest .

Maybe these have been there a while. I have no idea when they showed up but a few months ago I checked with my local dealer and they didn't have any backrest parts showing up in their systems. I checked MaxBMW's website today and their part search was showing the backrest I wanted for my 2021 R18 Classic. When I called MaxBMW they weren't in stock and no ETA but I'm taking at least a listing and pictures to be a good sign that they're coming. Initially I called MaxBMW because I have the Weekender seat and I wanted to see if they had any dimensions since the passenger seat is thicker than the stock seat and I wanted to check for proper clearance between the passenger seat and backrest. They didn't have any information yet.
What do they mean they don't have info yet? It's in the accessory brochure!? You need the 'Tour' backrest for clearance.

1654844659109.png

Back