Picked up a brand new 2021 R18 today

CWG

Hi everybody. I recently sold my back up bike and was looking for something to park beside my 2014 chief classic. Well now I got him. A brand spanking new 2021 first edition. What a beautiful machine. I also ordered the bobber kit. BTW I've recognized a few people from the Indian forum here. Now I know where they went!
Cheers- Chris

Welcome, let’s see a picture of the two bikes. Going to add any accessories to the FE in addition to the bobber kit?

Reactions: CWG
Welcome, let’s see a picture of the two bikes. Going to add any accessories to the FE in addition to the bobber kit?
I was thinking about tank pads and some Risers. I'm 6'4". The stock seat won't work for more than half an hour, hence the homage seat possibly raised up a bit

I was thinking about tank pads and some Risers. I'm 6'4". The stock seat won't work for more than half an hour, hence the homage seat possibly raised up a bit
I didn’t add tank pads or risers so I can’t help much with those additions. I did install the homage seat and haven’t had a chance to ride the bike since install so I can’t give you my option the difference. My homage seat is with the stock rear fender so the install is different. Are you aware that the fob antenna in located in the homage seat?

I didn’t add tank pads or risers so I can’t help much with those additions. I did install the homage seat and haven’t had a chance to ride the bike since install so I can’t give you my option the difference. My homage seat is with the stock rear fender so the install is different. Are you aware that the fob antenna in located in the homage seat
No I did not. So where is the FOB antenna located right now? In the stock seat? It looks like I will be waiting a few months before I get to ride mine as well

No I did not. So where is the FOB antenna located right now? In the stock seat? It looks like I will be waiting a few months before I get to ride mine as well
Look under your seat, you should see a wire routed up inside the seat It will lead you to where the relocated antenna is attached inside the bottom of the seat. I mention this because if you are ever out and lose your fob or have a dead battery in it you will need to insert the key (or spare plastic key) in the antenna to start the bike. In the owners manual it shows the antenna under the riders seat which is technically correct location for both the homage and the stock seat, however the picture in the manual shows the antenna in the ordinal location and you won’t fine it there. The picture is incorrect for the homage seat. Because I did the installation of the homage seat I had to reroute the wire and physically move the antenna. If the owner of the bike doesn’t do the install and the owner isn’t told, it is unlikely you will be able to find it.

Reactions: CWG
Look under your seat, you should see a wire routed up inside the seat It will lead you to where the relocated antenna is attached inside the bottom of the seat. I mention this because if you are ever out and lose your fob or have a dead battery in it you will need to insert the key (or spare plastic key) in the antenna to start the bike. In the owners manual it shows the antenna under the riders seat which is technically correct location for both the homage and the stock seat, however the picture in the manual shows the antenna in the ordinal location and you won’t fine it there. The picture is incorrect for the homage seat. Because I did the installation of the homage seat I had to reroute the wire and physically move the antenna. If the owner of the bike doesn’t do the install and the owner isn’t told, it is unlikely you will be able to find it.
Thanks for that important information

Back