Please consider Apple Car Play

To be honest, apart from the facility to book a service via the app, which is useless and I left a note with the developer, I use the app mainly for my navigation and so far it has been ok. I downloaded the maps for the area I am likely to cruise which covers 50% of the UK and that was a breeze. I like the fact that the data transfer is done to my phone and I can then check the fuel left, range, tyre pressure and even a recording of the journey I did.
Connectivity otherwise I use Bluetooth for my music and that connects every time without an issue. I can do all sorts of things with playlists, etc. I use the speakers system and they are awesome, even at motorway speeds.

I swear I read an article that CarPlay was coming to the new F series bikes? MotoPlay perhaps? I liked it on my GW, though it was a bit cumbersome. Any more, I just use my iPhone and a Quad Lock … universally simple.

Please consider adding Apple Car Play to the TFT on the Transcontinental screen and menu. Frankly the Motorad Navigation App is awful and god forbid you make a stop, the app does not reconnect without great effort. In my BMW X5, it is seamless!

Thanks,
Bob in NH!
Good comment. I love my R18 TC, great touring bike. Nice line up after the 1200C, the 1200CL, and now the R18 in my history. Note to BMW. Please be aware that you made a great bike with the TC. (I can even fit two full face helmets in the trunk with a bit of precise positioning). But, please note, your app and especially your navigation is terrible to the point of dangerous. The sheer instability of the connection and the utterly, unbelievably, incomprehensibly poor navigation is both inexcusable and WILL lead to accidents for anybody actually foolish enough to use it. Apple Play: Great idea

Back