PNW get together?

Ulrich

Hello all ... just probing to see if there is even any interest, I belong to another forum that deals with old Harleys and once in a while folks actually physically get together
... I was wondering if here would be any interest in something like that here. I sure would love to meet some of you folks in person.
I live in the PNW ... Southern Oregon to be more precise and I had a few destinations to meet in mind.
First .. the best place for Bikers in the world .. 'Sparkplugs' near O'Brians on the 199 near the Cali/Oregon State line (I think he has a Facebook page ... sorry I don't do 'Social Media')
It is a bit of a rough and rudimentary place ... but so much fun!!
or
'The Cove Palisades State Park' near Culver Oregon ... just an awesome place to camp ... State Park so it does have facilities and such.
or
'Camp Sherman Campground, Deschutes National Forest' near Sisters Oregon ... just another really cool campground.

Anyway ... or any other suggestions are welcome. I have another month of 'long weekends' due to my Summer work schedule and would love to do something
and show 'Uschi' some of her (separated at birth) relatives 😃

Let me know what you think and if there is any interest ... if there is we can work the details out together.

Ahhh too bad ... well maybe I can catch you when I fill a point on my bucket list .. I really want to ride the 'Oberjoch Pass' in the South West of Germany .. I have been up and down that thing when I still lived there 100's of times ... but never on a R18 ... I give you a shout when I do! ... It may be a couple of years ... I need to retire first ;)

Excellent idea, but it will have to be next year for me.

Your backyard is home to some of the best and most diverse riding anyone could hope to enjoy so that in itself is great motivation for folks to head your way with tire kicking, breaking bread and raising a glass or two being icing on the cake.

Excellent idea, but it will have to be next year for me.

Your backyard is home to some of the best and most diverse riding anyone could hope to enjoy so that in itself is great motivation for folks to head your way with tire kicking, breaking bread and raising a glass or two being icing on the cake.
Thank you Bob!!! I migrated to the US 34 years ago .. started in New York and zig-zagged through the US until I ended up in Oregon a couple years later ... fell in love with the place and now you can't get me out of here with a crow-bar 😁
Perfect riding country as you said .. it has everything from Ocean, Mountains to High Sierra ! A bit hot and dry for a German country boy ... but I can live with that!;)
I have a couple years before I retire ... but then I plan to trace my steps back to where I started and do a cross-country ... but this time not using my thumb ... this time in style, on 'Uschi' and maybe visit some folks along the way ... If I don't see you before that ... I will then!

Ken in Seattle is curious. Any thoughts of moving a bit north. Not that I shy away from riding.
LOL .. I wont move North ... I love it here ... but I am wide open for suggestions on meeting places, the 3 I mentioned are just places I have been to and really liked (especially 'Sparkplugs'). My post/thread was simply to see if there is interrest in meeting folks face-to-face. Fire away!

... well I for one, would not be pleased in that case :unsure: IMO we should keep it in a public space until we maybe know each other better.

I'm on the opposite coast, but I'm curious if anyone is going to either the MOA or Riders Association rallies this year? One is in Virginia and the other in West Virginia. I'd like to go to the one in West Virginia myself.

I'm on the opposite coast, but I'm curious if anyone is going to either the MOA or Riders Association rallies this year? One is in Virginia and the other in West Virginia. I'd like to go to the one in West Virginia myself.
I will be there

Hi Ulrich, I live in Eugene, OR and just purchased an R18. I'd be up for meeting at some fun destinations in the PNW this summer if you are still interested. I'm originally from the old continent as well.

Hi Ulrich, I live in Eugene, OR and just purchased an R18. I'd be up for meeting at some fun destinations in the PNW this summer if you are still interested. I'm originally from the old continent as well.
Absolutely !!! PM me or post here and I see it ... looking forward to it!

Back