Poor key fob connection trouble? Anyone?

Yongwjung

Premium Member
Site Supporter
Have you guys ever experienced poor key fob connection while riding? I sometimes do get error sign showing 'key not detected' with '?'

I think this is due to weak sensitibity between the key fob and sensor, located underneath the seat. If you had such trouble, how did you improve it? Any solutions?

Thanks.

possible low battery in the fob? or maybe try reseating the fob battery to ensure connectivity .. I received a low fob battery warning on my R18FE within a few months of getting the bike, replaced the fob battery and it's been good since, suspect probably just a lame battery to begin with. I carry my fob in trouser or jacket pocket, and keep a spare fob battery just in case.

Last edited:
possible low battery in the fob? or maybe try reseating the battery to ensure connectivity .. I received a low battery warning on my R18FE within a few months of getting the bike, replaced the battery and it's been good since, suspect probably just a lame battery to begin with. I carry my fob in trouser or jacket pocket.
Yeah.. I swap the battery to a new one but it’s still there. Hmm..

possible low battery in the fob? or maybe try reseating the battery to ensure connectivity .. I received a low battery warning on my R18FE within a few months of getting the bike, replaced the battery and it's been good since, suspect probably just a lame battery to begin with. I carry my fob in trouser or jacket pocket.
It's still acting funny even with a new battery. I think my key fob is defected. Will contact my dealer to replace..

I had a new BMW R1250 RS..... the key fob died a few weeks after I bought the bike. The bike came with a defective battery and a defective FOB battery as well. You never know how long they sat at the factory before getting installed in the bike....

Here's the update for the bad key fob. I also had a fuel pump noise issue before and for the solution, when my dealer updated the firmware, key fob poor connection issue has gone too. I assume key fob caused an error because of the old software too. It's been a week now, my key fob still not showing any issue anymore.

The defects allowed during the installation of the alarm system (faulty receiving antenna, incorrect connection to the wiring of the car, the key chip is incorrectly placed) may well serve as the fact that the range of the alarm is reduced and pressing the key fob button simply does not lead to anything. So you should definitely pay attention to this, because the possibility of your safety depends on it. It's also important to keep an eye on your parts, especially the tires. You can do this with https://www.sticky-stuff.co.uk/.

Last edited:
Back