Possible Switch From Indian Chief Vintage to 2022 BMW R18 B

I got out on the bike yesterday, lots of leaf peeping happening in the area, I was picking up my NY hunting license yesterday; point is, I absolutely love the Model B, I had the seat and grips heat on, leaf color was popping and tunes playing.

Wind protection wise, I took the best attributes from the TC and added them onto my Model B (Winglets & Lower Leg Wind Protection); I still have the stock B windshield in place. Maybe it's the way I sit, or just my height that gets me in a spot where I don't experience buffeting...

There's definitely a difference with the Winglets open vs closed; when hot and traveling below 55 mph (Open); highway speed above 55 (~75 - 80 mph) = Closed, music volume = UP. Yeah... I still really enjoy this purchase..

Switching form a V-Twin to a Boxer is great. No more heat problems in the summer and great protection for your legs in the winter. I have a R18 Classic and it replaced my HD Heritage Classic. They are the same concept but the R18 is so much better quality wise. Also maintenance and service is so much faster and cheaper here in Belgium. As a second bike i have a Triumph Speedmaster with a parallel twin that i ride when it is not to hot. You really don't want to be caught in traffic with a Triumph on a hot day. The heat from the radiator blows right in your face when the fan switches on, not ideal in the summer. The R18 is just perfect when it is hot outside. I have my R18 for 2 years now and it's a keeper. I am never going back to a V-Twin. If you think about it, aircooled V-Twin's will always have the problem that the front cylinder is well cooled and the back one is cooking you balls and leg when you are stuck in traffic. Plus the fact that the R18 is beautifull on both sides and the view on the boxer engine when your riding gives you a lot of satisfaction. The only thing i would do when you buy one is putting on the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust, that is really a must have, the 3 settings valve gives you the right sound at the right moment. My conclusion, don't keep the Polish Polaris Indian because it will never be a real American Indian and will always have the disadvantages of a V-Twin. Get the Boxer. You will have the feeling of a King driving it's trone with the sound of a .50 machine gun :cool:

Switching form a V-Twin to a Boxer is great. No more heat problems in the summer and great protection for your legs in the winter. I have a R18 Classic and it replaced my HD Heritage Classic. They are the same concept but the R18 is so much better quality wise. Also maintenance and service is so much faster and cheaper here in Belgium. As a second bike i have a Triumph Speedmaster with a parallel twin that i ride when it is not to hot. You really don't want to be caught in traffic with a Triumph on a hot day. The heat from the radiator blows right in your face when the fan switches on, not ideal in the summer. The R18 is just perfect when it is hot outside. I have my R18 for 2 years now and it's a keeper. I am never going back to a V-Twin. If you think about it, aircooled V-Twin's will always have the problem that the front cylinder is well cooled and the back one is cooking you balls and leg when you are stuck in traffic. Plus the fact that the R18 is beautifull on both sides and the view on the boxer engine when your riding gives you a lot of satisfaction. The only thing i would do when you buy one is putting on the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust, that is really a must have, the 3 settings valve gives you the right sound at the right moment. My conclusion, don't keep the Polish Polaris Indian because it will never be a real American Indian and will always have the disadvantages of a V-Twin. Get the Boxer. You will have the feeling of a King driving it's trone with the sound of a .50 machine gun :cool:
Seriously in purchasing the 2022 BMW R18B will be taking a test ride soon. Will keep you guys posted

Back