Puig wind deflector for R18 B

I recently traded my R18 Classic for a R18 B. I love the up-grade but was getting a little too much wind at the top of my helmet with the standard windshield height. I tried out a Puig wind deflector I had on hand and it improved buffeting quite a bit. I am getting used to the looks of it, I think I will keep it instead of trying other larger windshields.

Attachments

• IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 46
I recently picked up an R 18 B and I love it but have experienced the same. It's not awful, but would like a little more wind blockage for longer trips and don't want to change out the windshield quite yet. Thanks for the sharing!

I recently picked up an R 18 B and I love it but have experienced the same. It's not awful, but would like a little more wind blockage for longer trips and don't want to change out the windshield quite yet. Thanks for the sharing!
Also be aware I also had previously added batwing wind deflectors I found on Ebay that helped block the air coming from under the wing. The combination of the two works pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 29
I recently traded my R18 Classic for a R18 B. I love the up-grade but was getting a little too much wind at the top of my helmet with the standard windshield height. I tried out a Puig wind deflector I had on hand and it improved buffeting quite a bit. I am getting used to the looks of it, I think I will keep it instead of trying other larger windshields.
I have a Puig deflector also but haven’t put it on yet. I have the widest version.

I’m pretty tall, so the wind really seams to be at my shoulders. Will definitely test the deflector in the on-season.

Little worried; do the clamps leave any marks?

Last edited:
I have a Puig deflector also but haven’t put it on yet. I have the widest version.

I’m pretty tall, so the wind really seams to be at my shoulders. Will definitely test the deflector in the on-season.

Little worried; do the clamps leave any marks?
I have installed mine, which is the small one, on three windshields. So far, no slippage or looseness even at Interstate Hwy speeds. No marks on windshields that are not superficial and are removed by clear plexiglass cleaner. It goes without saying, please make sure it is centered and the clamps fully seated against the edge of your windshield before tightening the clamps. You will of course need to try different angles of the deflector to see what works best for your situation. I am average height at 5' 10" and what you see in the photo seems best for me. Hope it works out for you as well.

From my experience the winglets from the TC provide more of a clean pocket than a different windshield. Something to look into

Back