Question about full exhaust systems

Hi,
With full exhaust systems like the Pro-Race titanium one or MAD two smoking barrels - is the stock ECU still adjusting to them? Or will it run poorly?
I remember on my Moto Guzzi when I replaced the exhaust with an open one, I had to do quite a bit of tweaking as the stock map wouldn't work..

On the R18 I believe the weight reduction is considerable and the sound could be better but not sure how the de-cat and getting rid of the flapper valves impact the engine response/fuelling/MPG even ?

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Or, is it better to keep the stock headers with the cats + valves and just use slip-ons (I'm thinking Kalinski silencers but would much rather prefer a full system....)

Cheers

Last edited:
Well I completed my install on the pro race system and am in love with it every time I see it. I already have the Bren tune installed and they told me that I would not need to do anything else. I’m not sure what the case is if your OEM. However if it’s anything like cars then getting rid of the cats will cause a CEL unless tuned.

Right, when purchasing the Pro-Race system, do they provide any guidance around ECU flashing or are they saying you could just use it on the stock map (which I am starting to doubt) ?
Thanks

We have Lambada sensors, it will adjust. I have read this many times here.

Your Moto Guzzi needed the tuning before you put the pipe on it.
David

Cheers, David the Moto Guzzi had Lambdas as well LOL

But yeah my concern is that with a restricted ECU (due to emission regulations), the mixture will end up being too lean..

.. Has anyone actually installed an open exhaust system on the R18 with a stock map?

Last edited:
Back