Question for the UK owners

Anibal

Site Supporter
Hi guys.
Did any of you receive 2 fobs with your bikes?

My E92 and F13 have spare fobs and a mate of mine just picked up a new GS1250 and that also came with 2 fobs but my R18B just came with one.

Cheers

Thank you all.
Initially I aimed the question to the UK audience in case in NAM the bikes came with 2 fobs, similar to some jurisdictions not having the ACC as an option or in the UK us not having the little sensor/aerial on the B/TC dash, you get the idea I think. Well, glad to know I am not the only one then and yes, I read somewhere that a spare fob/replacement, cost a few hundred.
Cheers everyone 👍

UK owner. Same as you, I actually asked the dealer about a second fob upon purchase. We don’t get one. After reading on the forum I‘m going to change the fob battery regardless (annually) and carry spare batteries too just incase.

My R1250GSA and my R18 all came with just one fob and a spare.. I got an extra fob for them and it was hundreds..

Useful note... a rider on this forum broke the metal key off his fob, we found that just the metal key is available as a replacement for lots less than the cost of the fob.

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/r...-replace-r18-where-and.1476/reply?quote=22278
Interesting post that was. Not sure what the mystery is about just one fob per bike when other BMW bikes comes with 2.
Oh well, such is life. Thank you all for the replies.

UK owner. Same as you, I actually asked the dealer about a second fob upon purchase. We don’t get one. After reading on the forum I‘m going to change the fob battery regardless (annually) and carry spare batteries too just incase.
Actually it gives you plenty warning when the FOB battery gets low ... mine did, I stopped by the local office supply store they had them in 2 packs, very common size (CR 2032), and the second one went into the saddle bags and they are very easy to change ... actually surprisingly easy ... ;)

To be honest I wanted to have a spare fob in case mine goes missing or FUBAR but I guess I have to content myself with one.

Thank you. Never had a fob gone bad but I guess it is a possibility. Keeping it as a reserve fob without the battery inside should be fine.

Back