Quick release Luggage

Hello ,

I am considering a quick release system for my R18c instead of the more fixed bags on the bike for everyday use to work .. etc. I saw on the forum mainly two systems: C-Bow from Hepco&Becker and the bracket from Holan.

I wonder how the user experience of the two systems; i.e. the workmanship of the brackets, the look of the brackets on the bike without the bags, the different type of bags available , lock-ability , safety .. etc

I appreciate any input.

Stock Classic bags are about 31 liters combined. Quick release bags are likely smaller.

A good motorcycle commuter backpack like the Kriega R25 (25 liter) or other models they have is good option with similar capacity to saddlebags.

Kriega bags have a unique quick release strap and are super comfortable and don’t have the excessive flapping a non-motorcycle backpack has.

I use mine on the R18 for exactly the quick ride storage you describe. I’ve even used mine to tour on other bikes… they are that comfortable.

I had the Hepco and Becker C Bow system on another bike and it worked great. It attached easy and securely and didn't rattle. The only downside for me was when the bags were off it's rather unattractive. I have no experience with Holan.

I had the Hepco and Becker C Bow system on another bike and it worked great. It attached easy and securely and didn't rattle. The only downside for me was when the bags were off it's rather unattractive. I have no experience with Holan.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I agree with you on the C-bow unattractiveness from the images i saw.

Images of my newly mounted HB bags with C-Bow Mounts. The backrest and back rack are Wunderlich. HB recommended the plate for my rear bag for extra support.

Attachments

• P_20220330_182751.jpg
    P_20220330_182751.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • P_20220330_182800.jpg
    P_20220330_182800.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • P_20220330_182816.jpg
    P_20220330_182816.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 57
Hello ,

I am considering a quick release system for my R18c instead of the more fixed bags on the bike for everyday use to work .. etc. I saw on the forum mainly two systems: C-Bow from Hepco&Becker and the bracket from Holan.

I wonder how the user experience of the two systems; i.e. the workmanship of the brackets, the look of the brackets on the bike without the bags, the different type of bags available , lock-ability , safety .. etc

I appreciate any input.
My H & B bags with the C-bow rack are great! And they're bigger than the ones on the TC. Take that with however many grains of salt you need, but I'm VERY happy that I got them instead of the stock bags.

Hello ,

I appreciate any input.
Tonight I will add a video to the post that will answer most of your questions - it's worth the wait ;)

Back