R-18 oil drain plug torque spec. ?

I changed my oil at 525 miles. The drain plug was barely in there. Just a couple foot pounds.
David
Question about BMW warranty: (I’m 64 yrs young & I’m no professional mechanic but have been fixing a wide range of cars, trucks, commercial Grasshopper riding mowers since 1983. All of which I owned myself). If I change the oil in my R18 bike, don’t I still have to take my bike to the dealer at about 600 miles in order to keep my warranty? (Guess I better put a new oil filter on the bike too if it ain’t too hard to figure out.)

Attachments

• 4F5CD7A1-50D2-481D-B58F-7A182301AC86.jpeg
    4F5CD7A1-50D2-481D-B58F-7A182301AC86.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Question about BMW warranty: (I’m 64 yrs young & I’m no professional mechanic but have been fixing a wide range of cars, trucks, commercial Grasshopper riding mowers since 1983. All of which I owned myself). If I change the oil in my R18 bike, don’t I still have to take my bike to the dealer at about 600 miles in order to keep my warranty? (Guess I better put a new oil filter on the bike too if it ain’t too hard to figure out.)
Nothing unique about the oil filter other than you may want to pick up a filter wrench if you don't have one that fits it already. The first service is inexpensive and there are many computer upgrades that only the BMW link to the Mother Ship can provide as well as providing a record everything was as it should be if a warranty issue should present itself. Anyway, plenty of information on basic maintenance on the forum so do some reading and decide what you want to do and/or have the shop do for servicing her needs. I do much of my own work as I enjoy it,(keep receipts and note date and mileage, etc.) but I also use the shop now and again so I know the latest updates have been loaded, etc. The Boxer is a great platform and very easy to work on.

Back