R 18 TC & Sidecar

I guess you guys didn't look at the question right... I have a Transcontinental...
It has the lower leg protectors that cover up part of the frame.
I'm thinking that those would have to be taken off.
Been looking at all the manufactures and they're all a 5 day ride from here in Montana.
DMC Washington was the closest but they are now in Texas.

I guess you guys didn't look at the question right... I have a Transcontinental...
Been looking at all the manufactures and they're all a 5 day ride from here in Montana.
DMC Washington was the closest but they are now in Texas
I guess.
Sorry,My mistake. Good luck in your search.

DMC Washington was the closest but they are now in Texas.

If installing a side-car, I'd think you wouldn't need the engine protection bar; however, that would force the removal of the lower leg wind protection pieces.

Great question. I've been looking into this as well. There is a 2021 BMW R18 First Edition with Hannigan Heritage Sidecar by me - looks great. Here is a video when it was for sale - shows the mounting points etc

here

The most known ones have been the R18 with the watsonian sidecar.

I have not seen anyone with a R18B or R18TC and a sidecar. I'm not sure if the side bags allow enough distance / space to mount a sidecar.

Have you found out anything?

I doubt if the bags will cause a problem, I have a
Kawasaki VN 1600 classic tour with a Watsonian
Monaco chair fitted. It has the side bags & crash
bars on it, & I can still access the bag between
the chair & bike.

Back