R18 B First Edition

Tpesch

All
Not one to post much up here, but had a question and wanted to share my experience to date with my 2022 R-18B.
Bought the bike last Sept and fell in love with the looks and all the tech (Adaptive cruise, etc..)
I traded in my K1600B for the R-18B.

Today, after almost 9 months with it and several longer weekend trips (Death valley, Northern AZ, etc..) I am struggling to want to keep it.
Biggest issue I have is the wind buffeting which does not seem to come from the windscreen as I have both the shorter B and taller TC screens. I also got my hands on the TC wind deflectors and installed them on the R18B which actually seemed to help a bit, but I still get crazy wind buffeting that seems to come up from below near the motor jugs and up.
It was so bad the other day that my T-shirt I was wearing was untucked and would get pushed up as I rode. Obviously if I wore a jacket it would not do that, but I was just curious if this affect is something others have seen and just accept for a cruiser bike like this without full fairings like the K1600 / R1250 RT, etc..

Thanks in advance
Tony

7Jurock wind shield may be a solution. The 7 Jurock shields are much wider than either stock BMW shield. I ride a TC and my bikes lowers may be doing more than I give them credit for?

Back