R18 FE & Classic fuel tank insert

I always thought that triangular section just in front of your seat where the fuel tank and seat meet was bare looking so I designed and had this part created to fill the gap.
I'm calling it a "fuel tank insert". The picture is on a very sunny day but it's jet black PA12 plastic so it matches the plastic heat shields but in the picture it looks slightly grey from the sunlight.
What do you think?

FuelTankInsert.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought that triangular section just in front of your seat where the fuel tank and seat meet was bare looking so I designed and had this part created to fill the gap.
I'm calling it a "fuel tank insert". The picture is on a very sunny day but it's jet black PA12 plastic so it matches the plastic heat shields but in the picture it looks slightly grey from the sunlight.
What do you think?

View attachment 9352
Do you have a picture of what it looked like stock? My Classic is a First Edition package, so mine is full chrome there. The Pure with First Edition package also has chrome there. I seen some non First Edition bikes in dealerships, but can’t say I noticed what was in the tank insert area.

Do you have a picture of what it looked like stock? My Classic is a First Edition package, so mine is full chrome there. The Pure with First Edition package also has chrome there. I seen some non First Edition bikes in dealerships, but can’t say I noticed what was in the tank insert area.
Oh it's chrome underneath. It doesnt look BAD exactly, it just looked... bare. I wanted to add another blacked out piece to the cycle and that was a challenging location with the curves involved but it worked out.

Back