R18 Foot Controls - Large Feet Solutions

Hi Everyone

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has an issue with the relative ease of access to the gearshift and the rear brake

I have size 46 riding boots and have the feeling that the positions of the above pedals could be more easily accessed while using the stock footpegs on my R18 Classic - they feel like there is not much space to quickly reach them - clearly not ideal. It feels like the rubber peg should be a little longer??

Any feedback or advice / views of footboards / modified pedals etc on this will be most welcome

Thanks

Alan

Hi Everyone

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has an issue with the relative ease of access to the gearshift and the rear brake

I have size 46 riding boots and have the feeling that the positions of the above pedals could be more easily accessed while using the stock footpegs on my R18 Classic - they feel like there is not much space to quickly reach them - clearly not ideal. It feels like the rubber peg should be a little longer??

Any feedback or advice / views of footboards / modified pedals etc on this will be most welcome

Thanks

Alan
I’m also a 46 boot. My Classic has the floorboards. No problem with either shifter or brake. Very easy to reach them both. The brake is just ahead of the floorboard, so it is very easy to engage. The shifter is the same. You can rotate to adjust to your preference.

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Alan
You can put a little bit higher the factory Gearshift, in order to get in your foot easily

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Alan
I had the same problem, size 12 US feet. I couldn't upshift with my toe. I replaced the floorboards on my Classic with the flat footpegs of the Bagger. It's a direct swap to the floorboard mounts. Cost less than $200, works much better for me and I can toe or heel shift. If you do this, also order the return springs with the pegs. The spring has a different bend than the spring with the floorboards. An added benefit for me is being able to move my feet around a little more.

I was looking to do the same thing to lower the rear brake lever. It looks like you just remove the spring clip, loosen the jam nut and adjust it from the rear side of the rear brake cylinder.

Back