R18 Handling

There are some dweebs here that own R18s.There are also some folks that couldn't get laid regardless of what they ride.
Maybe there should be a new topic:
Dweebs and others that can't get laid.I will leave that topic to the experts.As for me ,I was 8 before I was 7.
:ROFLMAO:
Ahh, but regardless, and as the laws of probability may suggest...The chances of getting laid are catagorically better riding an R18 then a dweeby sport touring bike...regardless of whom they are.

1250's are dweeby? Tough crowd.... In any case, I love my R18, and sure, I suppose I could keep up close with other stuff if I really tried, but it doesn't make me want to really try, which is part of its charm to me.
And with that you’ve perfectly summarized the r18 experience for me. Couldn’t give a shit about keeping up with anyone else…just enjoying this fantastic motorcycle.

And with that you’ve perfectly summarized the r18 experience for me. Couldn’t give a shit about keeping up with anyone else…just enjoying this fantastic motorcycle.
And, as I’ve just now been made aware from my learned brethren above, in so doing I am probabilistically most likely to get laid…win win all around. This forum is always enlightening!

In my experience dudes who ride sport touring bikes don't need a bike to get laid. ;-)

But back on topic I did a couple 50 mile stints yesterday on my R18 and I'd still classify the handling as "deliberate". It takes more focus at slow speeds than my other bikes, but once turned in it holds the line well. It drags pegs about where I expected. I am pretty sure on a back roads race though it couldn't keep up with my sweeties Vulcan S though, if the riders were of equal skill and exuberance. Which is fine, that's not it's purpose.

I continue to be impressed with the quality of components and total package. It's put together better than a modern Harley. I've been helping a friend work on his recent year Harley and it's just a mess of plastic covers, bundles of wiring going everywhere, rusting bolts and paint that looks great but is full of chips with only a few thousand miles.

Back