R18 models

. can anyone add images of every single model including the changes?

How about No, and you can do a little research? Use the search tool. Check out The Googles. Learn a little and then report back.

Hell, I have a few questions too, maybe you could help me out? For example, when and why was cruise control was added and can it be retrofitted? Why or why not? Tell us where the steering stabilizer was made, how much force it exerts, and why it was added. Was it because of instability or potential issues from the addition of cruise control? Should those of us without it be worried? Tell us why the bagger model didn't have additional wind mitigation stock? Seems pretty straightforward to me. Was it an oversight? How about whether or not there was any consideration to having a center stand? Man would I like to know how that played out.

/found "your" R18
0FC3CCAF-C2C0-40A5-9C92-4C30BA7C40B7.png
//it's still for sale in Maryland at Bobs...for $15k, while you said you bought from Missouri.
///curiouser and curiouser

I mean, it's super typical for new owner to brag about getting a great deal and then to post a photo of a heavily modified, bobbed LMC R18 in their first thread (Hint, the saddle alone is $1000). Then, in their second thread, to post a photo of bone stock R18 from a dealership 1000 miles away from where they said they purchased theirs, and then to ask for an explanation about which R18, exactly, they purchased.

Happens every couple of days.

I mean, it's super typical for new owner to brag about getting a great deal and then to post a photo of a heavily modified, bobbed LMC R18 in their first thread (Hint, the saddle alone is $1000). Then, in their second thread, to post a photo of bone stock R18 from a dealership 1000 miles away from where they said they purchased theirs, and then to ask for an explanation about which R18, exactly, they purchased.

Happens every couple of days.
Well I know when I buy over the internet sight unseen, I usually just tell them to surprise me....

View attachment 3845I just bought one r18 but I am not sure of the model.. can anyone add images of every single model including the changes?
That is a Base R18 with the First Edition package (pin stripes & chrome). It weighs 761lbs wet. With the same frame, there is also the R18 Classic, which changes the exhaust to a more standard round can, adds a windshield, driving lights and soft saddlebags and cruise control as standard. This bumps weight to 805lbs. The two newest models are the R18B (bagger) and R18 Transcontinental. They have a slightly different frame with a steeper rake of the front fork and more rear shock travel and a different front fender than the first 2 models. They have a fairing with a large LCD screen and speakers. They have a larger tank and a bigger seat stock than either the Base or Classic. They come stock with hard locking saddlebags. The R18B weighs 878lbs. The transcontinental adds a rear trunk, slightly taller windshield, driving lights and lower fairing wind blockers. There are also some minor trim differences between the bagger and transcontinental. The transcontinental is the heaviest of the R18 models at 942lbs.

Back