R18 TC with drilled out exhaust baffles video

I measured the inside diameter of the muffler to determine the hole saw size. I recall that i thought 1.5" was slightly too big and would hit the side of the outside baffle. But take your own measurement and let us know what you think
Just to report back. Couldn't find any 1.5" but I did find a 1-3/8ths. Its tight but it fits... have to wiggle it around a bit but it works.

Drilled mine out today. Happy with the results. Definitely made a solid improvement without being the over top. If anyone else is thinking of doing it don't waste time trying to hook out the disk. Simply take each exhaust off and give it a shake. They came straight out and ensured all the swarf did as well.

After I drilled out the baffles I recommend taking each exhaust to clean out the dwarf etc. I found it to be quicker and more effective then trying to scrape it out.

After I drilled out the baffles I recommend taking each exhaust to clean out the dwarf etc. I found it to be quicker and more effective then trying to scrape it out.

I did not take the mufflers off, but I did ensure that I got the drilled out metal disk out. When my Freedom Exhaust mufflers finally arrived I took the stock mufflers and dumped them over to see if any metal shards were still kicking around in there from the drilling process. There wasn't any, which means it all blew out from the exhaust pressure.

That’s great. How do you find the freedom exhaust? A better note?
Louder, more refined throaty sound. I initially ran the with the baffles in, which is a nice sound and louder than drilled out stock baffles. Now I run the Freedom with no baffles and it is loud but not obnoxious and really nice sound. While cruising, it sounds to me like a Sousaphone hitting the low notes.

Back