R18 TT

looks like a 21 inch wheel so with inverted forks and a 21 may not have been too many off the shelf choices so the builder just had fun with it.

Love it!!! I figure someone would've done it before too long.

My nitpicks? The builder should have nickel-plated the turbo (rust-prevention) and cleaned up the exhaust tubes. It really makes the twin turbos look out of place on the bike. Still running the fan-less oil cooler? Very brave!

And...what's up with that round bicycle reflector on the front fork?!?! I know it's there to comply with DOT laws, but...there ARE long rectangular stick-on reflectors that would've looked a LOT better than something that came off a 1980's Huffy bicycle. I got a deck of cards he can stick in his spokes 🤣.

All kidding aside, VERY, VERY nice!!! I'd love to see the numbers on this beauty.

Mike

Anyone know the builder?

I’d be genuinely interested in doing this. Been thinking of it for a year or so now.
Ditto the question.

Really curious about the turbos (automotive Garretts?) Has the oil pump been upgraded to handle the increased PSI needed for twin-turbos? Increased oil pan capacity? Plans to increase rear tire width, as I'm sure this current setup does sick burnouts but can't stick hard enough to put down a decent 1/4 mile.

Plus, absent max specs from BMW, ??? if the owner will need to fab in a dual-clutch setup to keep the single disc from glazing/skipping from all that torque. I guess they'll find that out with their own tests.

...And that damn oil cooler...just WHY?!?!?! Why not upgrade it to an active cooler?

Mike

Sorry for the late reply. The bike was contracted by BMW Motorrad Canada (ergo the placard) with a third party. I do not recall who that was, but forced induction is one of their specialties. I think this was largely a loose proof-of-concept/test mule and not necessarily a finished “show piece” per se.

Back