R18B 7Jurock still Buffeting

So I bought an R18 B. Within minutes I knew I wanted a different screen due to the factor buffeting. Ordered a 7Jurock 18" which seems absolutely massive compared to the factory screen. The buffeting has gotten worse, not better. I rode it 10 miles on city streets and feel like I went 10 rounds with Tyson. Not sure if its the wrap around hitting me on the side or just not tall enough. Im 5'11" so im not exceptionally tall. The bike does have the "high comfort seat" option but im looking just over the top of the screen.

Just wondering if anyone else with a 7 screen has had a similar issue.

Can you feel what area, the turbulence is coming from? I have no experience with J7 on the R18, but have used them before on my previous bike, with good results. Maybe contact them for advice? I will say that the TC factory shield is great.

Can you feel what area, the turbulence is coming from? I have no experience with J7 on the R18, but have used them before on my previous bike, with good results. Maybe contact them for advice? I will say that the TC factory shield is great.
no I was trying to figure out where was causing the turbulence but yet unsuccessful. I contemplated a TC screen but between the cost and the availability I went for the 7j

I realize that the aerodynamics would be different on the B and TC, but on Classics and FEs, folks have reported good results with fork deflectors. It seemed counterintuitive to me, but evidently much of the buffeting wasn't actually coming over the top of the screen.

On my TC I've found that if I lean back just a bit the ride becomes much more stable. Also if my visor is all the way up it will affect the head buffet but just rotate it forward a notch makes a difference, on my shoei that's still high but not intrusive. I'm 5' 7" and also have a J7 20" which I'll be working with. I'm finding the deflectors have good effect. Will relate further observations that may be of interest.

I have the 18" 7Jurock and have no issues with buffeting. I am 5'9" with the regular seat which may be the difference and I also added the wind deflectors at the bottom of the fairing because I did notice a bit of air coming from underneath. I honestly could not be happier with the windshield, if I was a smoker, I bet I could light one up without an issue.

Attachments

• PXL_20220430_200943071.jpg
    PXL_20220430_200943071.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 52
I have the 18" 7Jurock and have no issues with buffeting. I am 5'9" with the regular seat which may be the difference and I also added the wind deflectors at the bottom of the fairing because I did notice a bit of air coming from underneath. I honestly could not be happier with the windshield, if I was a smoker, I bet I could light one up without an issue.
Where did you get the lower wind deflectors? I think that is the final piece I'm missing to smooth out the air. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I ordered them from my BMW dealer, they are off the R18TC, you just have to do a little trimming to make them fit as the turn signals are in the way. In Canada, they were about 500 bucks.

The screen on my Transcontinental will solve the buffeting problem on the R18B. Swap the R18B screen for the R18 Transcontinental screen.
(good wind protection)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought an R18 B. Within minutes I knew I wanted a different screen due to the factor buffeting. Ordered a 7Jurock 18" which seems absolutely massive compared to the factory screen. The buffeting has gotten worse, not better. I rode it 10 miles on city streets and feel like I went 10 rounds with Tyson. Not sure if its the wrap around hitting me on the side or just not tall enough. Im 5'11" so im not exceptionally tall. The bike does have the "high comfort seat" option but im looking just over the top of the screen.

Just wondering if anyone else with a 7 screen has had a similar issue.
You may need the 20in. I'm 5'9" and have the comfort tall seat. I still look over the 20in 7Jurock about of 2in. and have no buffeting issues or eyes watering with my helmet visor up.

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_110511587.jpg
    IMG_20220513_110511587.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
I have the 23, and buffeting is a thing of the past, for the most part.. (5'10")
(Mine is a the TC though.)

80mph you start to feel a little, but it's nothing compared to stock.

the little side vents open let through plenty of cooling air in the 90deg desert days so far.
Having them open introduces a little flutter, but it's not bad.

I read on another thread that the mirror's are the reason for the buffeting . Someone rode with the mirrors off and said no buffeting with stock screen . Not sure if is was a TC or just a R18B.

Frijole, how would you describe the difference between the stock TC screen and the Jurock 23? I am content with my stock screen but have always been curious to hear from someone who has had both. Is the Jurock 23 taller?

Frijole, how would you describe the difference between the stock TC screen and the Jurock 23? I am content with my stock screen but have always been curious to hear from someone who has had both. Is the Jurock 23 taller?
Yea I have been wanting to see and hear a comparison, considering the price differenc.

The only time I have buffeting issues is if I have my visor flipped up above 50mph. Might be a YMMV as I've been riding naked bikes for a while prior to the R18B, so anything but a sore neck after a 100+ mile day is new and exciting. I'm 6'1" with the stock screen. Which helmet (if any) are you using? My Neotec 2 with the visor fully closed is 100% stable with the factory screen at any speed, so may consider that a factor in addition to the screen itself.

I rode a TC and basically had the same wind sensation as the B, aside from feeling suffocated in a bubble of heat at any speed lol.

It's a little bit taller, the buffeting, for me, seems way less that stock. I feel like the Jurock is sending the air up and over my helmet rather than into my face.
I will admit that I spend a fair amount of my seat time at 80+ (it's the desert, there is a lot of distance to cover). So I'm probably sacrificing a bit of MPG.. ( I think I'm getting like 42)

I feel like it's easier to hear the stereo too, don't have to have it up as loud to enjoy.

Back