R18B - part number needed.

kate_brett

Morning, need some help. Have a fellow rider of an R18B who wants to put auxiliary lights on his bike. He has cruise control on the bike ( but no light symbol icon below the MODE button ). I had this setup on my R18 Pure and successfully connected the auxiliary lights. For the R18 Pure , part no. for the cable harness was 61121542507. For the R18 Classic p/n is 61111665148. Does he purchase the cable harness from the R18 TC ( part number / same as used on Classic ? ) or is there a specific cable harness part for the R18B ? Dealers he has spoken to said it can’t be done; if l could do it on the Pure, can’t see why it is not possible on the B. I have pointed him in the direction of the member on this site who accomplished above via wiring on/off through dash button ( Adam C. ). He would prefer a straight cable harness connection as first option. Has anyone done this on an R18B ?Thanks.

Last edited:
Mine is an FE and the lights were done by the dealer as part of our deal, sorry I have no parts numbers but if you can get a hold of a parts diagram for the 'Classic' I believe that is where mine came from. The mechanic told me there is a plug in under the gas tank and he was able to use my original switch (mode button no symbol under it but it works) but it has to be software enabled by a dealer with the ECU interface.
Sorry that is all I got ... maybe it helps.

Actually .. sift through this and you may find what you need ... the Aux lights are under 'Lights' and the harness under the heading 'General Electrical System' CLICK THIS LINK

Thanks Ulrich. I did mine with the cable ending in ….07. My Pure harness cable connected to one of the plugs under the petrol tank and auxiliary lights without any need to software enable ( go figure ). I don’t want to recommend either of the two cable no.s l provided in case wrong parts. I‘ll try your link. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hopefully the cable in link above for R18 Classic ( ending …148 ) is correct part. Just hoping an R18B owner had done above conversion for confirmation.

It might be worth looking in the same area where you found the cable harness connector disconnected on your buddy's R18 B; take pictures and document it, I might be interested in using the existing button vs the dash button down the road.

The wiring harness for the Auxiliary Lights are all within the fairing; my guess is that it can be done using the existing left hand control tree button - we just need to find that elusive connection.

Thanks Kate for the info about the button working without any BMW voodoo magic intervention ... at this time I don't believe a word that comes out of that dealers mouth anymore anyway ;)

Back