R18B & TC Headlight

April 1, 2025
By then, approximately 2,369 motorcycles in the US alone will be out of warranty.
The worrying part for me is that in the UK there hasn’t been a recall issued.
I have checked on the DVLA, the body that governs motor vehicles here and Motorrad UK, and both says the R18 hasn’t been recalled at all. Surely the light units fitted to the US models is the same as the European’s and our roads are not better than yours. There are urban areas where I live that looks like the surface of the moon and other major roads where the surface has so many lateral lines that if you ride faster than 40mph your teeth will fall out, hence I worry that one day I will fall victim of the headlight failure and then I would need to fork out 3Gs.
Bloody annoying!!!!!!

By then, approximately 2,369 motorcycles in the US alone will be out of warranty.
The worrying part for me is that in the UK there hasn’t been a recall issued.
I have checked on the DVLA, the body that governs motor vehicles here and Motorrad UK, and both says the R18 hasn’t been recalled at all. Surely the light units fitted to the US models is the same as the European’s and our roads are not better than yours. There are urban areas where I live that looks like the surface of the moon and other major roads where the surface has so many lateral lines that if you ride faster than 40mph your teeth will fall out, hence I worry that one day I will fall victim of the headlight failure and then I would need to fork out 3Gs.
Bloody annoying!!!!!!
When I had my bike serviced, Bahnstormers in Farringdon were aware of the headlight issue. Last
time I was in there I asked but no further news on a fix. Mine is still working properly, & very useful
on the country lanes on the ride to work in the morning.

When I had my bike serviced, Bahnstormers in Farringdon were aware of the headlight issue. Last
time I was in there I asked but no further news on a fix. Mine is still working properly, & very useful
on the country lanes on the ride to work in the morning.
Good to know Bahnstormers at least are aware. Maybe they do networking from time to time on social media or have had a customer with the issue.
Sadly when I asked my dealer if he knew about the adaptive headlights issue, he said he has never heard such thing.
I truly hope this issue gets resolved soon.
With a beam pointing anywhere but the centre of the road and at a specific angle the bike won’t pass the MOT. What would BMW do in that case?

Good to know Bahnstormers at least are aware. Maybe they do networking from time to time on social media or have had a customer with the issue.
Sadly when I asked my dealer if he knew about the adaptive headlights issue, he said he has never heard such thing.
I truly hope this issue gets resolved soon.
With a beam pointing anywhere but the centre of the road and at a specific angle the bike won’t pass the MOT. What would BMW do in that case?
They had received an email from BMW ref the headlight issue. Basically telling them to check the
adaptive headlights when bikes are brought in for servicing etc. I shall keep asking them about the
situation when I have reason to pop in.

Thank you for the heads up.
My bike is due for the annual service in June and I will mention this to the service guys. Watch this space. 👊

Back