Rear Footpeg Delete Plugs

Svtweb

Staff member
Elite Member
So when I purchased the rear footpeg plugs they came as a Quantity of 10.

I have 4 more pairs.

if anyone is interested $5/pair + Shipping.

Attachments

• 49B0A4A9-A576-4E9B-9378-E3C646450FD1.jpeg
    49B0A4A9-A576-4E9B-9378-E3C646450FD1.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Vyk
Excellent! Ingenuity is the best. I would only add that the threaded parts should have Never Seize (Never Seez, Anti-Seize, etc....) applied to insure against corrosion.

I'll have to take a look and get back to you. The whole Torx "revolution" is mostly new to me , so I am still unable to look at a Torx fastener and know what size to grab. In fact, despite being a professional wrench since the early 80s, it was so rare that I ever needed a Torx tool, I have recently spend some serious funds buying what I need to "play" with the R18. HECK! two months ago, I didn't even know that there would ever a use for "female" Torx sockets! Now I have a full set of the damned things.

I'll have to take a look and get back to you. The whole Torx "revolution" is mostly new to me , so I am still unable to look at a Torx fastener and know what size to grab. In fact, despite being a professional wrench since the early 80s, it was so rare that I ever needed a Torx tool, I have recently spend some serious funds buying what I need to "play" with the R18. HECK! two months ago, I didn't even know that there would ever a use for "female" Torx sockets! Now I have a full set of the damned things.
Welcome to the 1990s and the rest of the world. Why would anyone buy anything but a full set?

Last edited:
Removed my foot pegs as well since I ride solo and it cleans up the look of the bike and opens up the view of the unique drive shaft. I purchased two steel cap head hex bolts of the same size as the factory bolts from True Value hardware. Pushed them into a Styrofoam block so the heads were sticking straight up and painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black paint.

I first looked for either a plastic or rubber plug - no luck finding what I needed.

I'm not a engineer, but was thinking about the tinsel strength of the down tube where the foot pegs mount, that's a pretty big hole to leave empty (about half the size of the down tube) and felt replacing with a steel bolt would provide "factory" strength to that down tube?

Attachments

• R18 Foot Peg Bolt.jpg
    R18 Foot Peg Bolt.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 19
  • R18 Foot Peg Bolt Painted.jpg
    R18 Foot Peg Bolt Painted.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • R18 Black Paint.jpg
    R18 Black Paint.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Removed my foot pegs as well since I ride solo and it cleans up the look of the bike and opens up the view of the unique drive shaft. I purchased two steel cap head hex bolts of the same size as the factory bolts from True Value hardware. Pushed them into a Styrofoam block so the heads were sticking straight up and painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black paint.

I first looked for either a plastic or rubber plug - no luck finding what I needed.

I'm not a engineer, but was thinking about the tinsel strength of the down tube where the foot pegs mount, that's a pretty big hole to leave empty (about half the size of the down tube) and felt replacing with a steel bolt would provide "factory" strength to that down tube?
I used stainless steel M12 x 14mm flanged button head screws.

I loctited black M12-30 1.75 hex head bolts. Was somewhat limited at my local ace hardware but they do the job, filling the hole and adding strength. The threaded rod and acorn nuts look good tho.

Back