remove baffle on Vance and Hinces exhaust

Pierre

hello, I would like to remove baffle but I don't see how proceed.
I ve just removed 2 screen below and pull tip.
There is no weld on bolt contraery to other pictures I ve seen.
what is the next step?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_115458.jpg
    IMG_20240331_115458.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20240331_115504.jpg
    IMG_20240331_115504.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240331_115510.jpg
    IMG_20240331_115510.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 25
Just by chance I was watching a video yesterday on YouTube. It is a fella I believe to be Thai or Vietnamese and he actually removed the baffles. Will see if I can find the video for you.

Hi Anibal, thanks, after seaching a while on youtube, I’ve found this video
But this is not the same baffle mount than on my r18b unfortunately where baffle doesn’t seem to be inside another tube.

Last edited:
Ahhh, sorry Pierre. I was looking for this video last night and even just now when I found a post about removing baffles in the forum and I saw the notification to this post at the top bar. Glad you found the video, I cleared my cache and browsing history the other day hence this was not available for me to go straight into it. I have been considering purchasing the V&H exhausts for my B but I wonder if the noise will interfere enough with the Marshals. I rather not to crank the volume all the way as I will be loud as f*uck when I ride then.

Let us know how you get on, I am very interested in your results and recommendations.

I would have thought you’d need to cut through this weld to allow the baffle to be removed.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpeg
    IMG_0856.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Same. My concern is what is being that. If it is just the baffle like in the video, then it should be an easy affair, but if they have packed the lot with some sort of fibreglass packaging or something, wouldn’t removing all the would make the exhaust louder than desired? Sort of like a straight pipe?
I had a XVS 650 classic many years ago and I installed a set of Jardines straight through pipes and although I loved the sound at start up and idle, going for a long ride could be tiring-some noise wise. It sounded like a WWII bomber which definitely got you noticed everywhere LOL.

hi, here some news.
I went this morning to Bmw shop where I bought the bike and they told me that the baffle were already removed.
so i don't know how is the sound with baffle, but without it is quiet.

hi, here some news.
I went this morning to Bmw shop where I bought the bike and they told me that the baffle were already removed.
so i don't know how is the sound with baffle, but without it is quiet.
If you bought the bike new, with the upgraded V&H exhaust and if you asked them to do the additional work in order to remove the baffles; I would think they would have handed you the removed baffles.

I don't own a V&H exhaust system, but when I originally looked at the pictures that you provided within your initial post; I thought to myself that it looked like they had already been removed...

If you bought the bike used privately, perhaps the seller still has the parts..?

If you bought the bike new, with the upgraded V&H exhaust and if you asked them to do the additional work in order to remove the baffles; I would think they would have handed you the removed baffles.

I don't own a V&H exhaust system, but when I originally looked at the pictures that you provided within your initial post; I thought to myself that it looked like they had already been removed...

If you bought the bike used privately, perhaps the seller still has the parts..?
It is a second hand with few kilometer.
The seller told me they could remove the baffle to have a better sound. Yesterday a technician have look and told baffle were already removed.So I asked them to give me the baffles, so i’m waiting them.

I replace stock pipes with the V&H pipes for the R18B. I felt the V&H pipes sounded very similar to stock (maybe a little more bass). I did use a dremel to cut through the welds you circled. It was a bit more tedious than I expected, but the inserts did come out like the YouTube video. The result is a bit louder and more bass, especially when under strong acceleration. I do wish it was a bit louder, but I have a couple other bikes which are loud so happy to keep this one on the tamer side.

I replace stock pipes with the V&H pipes for the R18B. I felt the V&H pipes sounded very similar to stock (maybe a little more bass). I did use a dremel to cut through the welds you circled. It was a bit more tedious than I expected, but the inserts did come out like the YouTube video. The result is a bit louder and more bass, especially when under strong acceleration. I do wish it was a bit louder, but I have a couple other bikes which are loud so happy to keep this one on the tamer side.
May I ask you to do a video of the sound so that I can gauge it please? I have been thinking for a long time about the V&H but all the videos I have seen are a bit too short or the sound quality not what I was expecting to make my mind up.
Thank you in advance.

You will most likely get an even more aggressive sound if you delete the servo function, where the exhaust gate is wide open..

Back