Rev failure/power loss issue?

BigJimSlim

Site Supporter
Saw this comment amongst a Facebook discussion about the headlight recall.

“you will be getting a lot of recall letters about the engine program ECU system, just stand by. you will be going down the road on the interstate at about 70 mph and lose power down to 500 to 600 RPM a trouble will pop up to take your bike to the workshop ,but you have no power the throttle will not work you have no power to get out of the way.this is a recall for BMW.”

First I’ve read of it. Anyone here experience this?

Saw this comment amongst a Facebook discussion about the headlight recall.

“you will be getting a lot of recall letters about the engine program ECU system, just stand by. you will be going down the road on the interstate at about 70 mph and lose power down to 500 to 600 RPM a trouble will pop up to take your bike to the workshop ,but you have no power the throttle will not work you have no power to get out of the way.this is a recall for BMW.”

First I’ve read of it. Anyone here experience this?
God Damn!!! I hope not. Never heard anything about this on ANY BMW bike...unless of course someone has been fooling around modifying the engine et....

I had an issue with my 2018 K1600B going into “Limp Mode” - which sounds similar to what’s described above. Riding along minding my own business when the bike lost all throttle response. I was told the bike does this when the bike‘s computer loses connectivity to the sensor that controls the throttle. Dealer ended up cleaning the throttle cable connector. It seemed to solve the problem, but I did trade it for an R18B the next day !!

I call BS ... that engine isn't even going to stay running at 500 to 600 revs. I am sure that ECU has a 'Limp Home' mode if something critical happens and that I can check and/or reset with my GS-911.

I call BS.. if you read the FB posting, the grammar is a mess and when was the last time someone referred to service or the dealership as "the workshop"; is Geppetto's woodshop servicing BMW bikes now...?

Back