Reverse Gear

Echo wow, however as unexpected and dramatic as that sounds let’s be positive about the BMW dealer for going at it without quibble or gaslighting. This is one reason I bought into the brand. I suppose it also shows the benefit of getting bikes serviced by them too, they have access to service bulletins and warranty work we would otherwise never hear about.
Agree.

Sounds fishy.... any chance did you get a look at the service bulletin?
didn't get eyes on the document, but the fellow was reading from the laptop and then to the service technician who was equally aghast at Berlin's replacement recommendation. Still waiting for the formal advice from the dealer that the new transmission is ordered. Time to hurry up and wait....

Interesting nevertheless... on a positive note, he was quick to jump to the final statement, "replace transmission" ... then he set about explaining the need for a series of tests to eliminate other causative issues. It was a supportive outcome for which I'm grateful.

Echo wow, however as unexpected and dramatic as that sounds let’s be positive about the BMW dealer for going at it without quibble or gaslighting. This is one reason I bought into the brand. I suppose it also shows the benefit of getting bikes serviced by them too, they have access to service bulletins and warranty work we would otherwise never hear about.
spot on !

Interesting nevertheless... on a positive note, he was quick to jump to the final statement, "replace transmission" ... then he set about explaining the need for a series of tests to eliminate other causative issues. It was a supportive outcome for which I'm grateful.
I agree. At least they were quick and attentive rather than dismiss you with something like “ oh yeah, they do that once in a while” or “that is the nature of the beast”
Best of luck and keep us on the loop.

Back