Rider Backrest

That appears to be the Mustang back rest. It simply slots into their official BMW accessory saddles using a grub that sets resistance. I use one with my Day Rider. Highly recommended.

Hello,

I wonder if you know of this backrest from BMW:

I couldn’t find pictures from the back or how it is installed .

thank you ,
I have it on my Weekender. As burangs mentioned, there is a slot in the back of the seat with a small flap to cover it when not using the back rest. The back rest slots in and can be adjusted for height by how far it slides in (there are a few slots). Additionally there is a screw adjustment to set the angle of the back rest and how far forward it can push you. It’s the first back rest I’ve had on a motor cycle and I’m very impressed with how much additional comfort it provides.

Here’s an image from the back that shows the screw adjustment I mentioned.8F2C850D-05D6-438D-A0C4-B2DFD4357B46.jpeg

Thank you burangs and nielsm, super helpful , and it looks really good and simple to put on / off . I just need to find it in an EU store .

First of all, you need a Mustang Seat (Day Rider, Weekender or Crosscountry). My advice: is not comfortable, because it force you to go in a forward seat position what is also uncomfortable because of the cylinder position. Don't buy it at least you are les than 175 centimeters tall. And... also is easy to put and take off (easy to steal)

First of all, you need a Mustang Seat (Day Rider, Weekender or Crosscountry). My advice: is not comfortable, because it force you to go in a forward seat position what is also uncomfortable because of the cylinder position. Don't buy it at least you are les than 175 centimeters tall. And... also is easy to put and take off (easy to steal)
Thank you Luis, I am 174 cm and for sure I don’t want to have the forward position . I like the stock seat , I am just looking for rider backrest for these longs rides . Back to my original question, what good backrest works with the stock seat

You may want to adjust the screw I showed earlier that affects how far forward you are pushed. I'm 193cm tall & found a quick tweak on that and the back rest was perfect for me.

Thank you Luis, I am 174 cm and for sure I don’t want to have the forward position . I like the stock seat , I am just looking for rider backrest for these longs rides . Back to my original question, what good backrest works with the stock seat
For me, the stock seat is good for up to an hour, which is why I switched to the Weekender.

If you want to stick with the stock seat, the only rider back rest I know of is from Wunderlich. It mounts on the rack that would go where the pillion is: https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/BMW_R18_Rider_Foldable_Backrest. You can see the Wunderlich rack in the picture of the backrest/Weekender on my R18 above.

For me, the stock seat is good for up to an hour, which is why I switched to the Weekender.

If you want to stick with the stock seat, the only rider back rest I know of is from Wunderlich. It mounts on the rack that would go where the pillion is: https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/BMW_R18_Rider_Foldable_Backrest. You can see the Wunderlich rack in the picture of the backrest/Weekender on my R18 above.
Thank you nielsm , I have the rack already, I guess I will go for it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.39.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.39.58 PM.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.39.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.39.08 PM.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 17
Another good option for those seeking a rider backrest and not carrying a passenger is to fill up a bag and strap it to the passenger seat and thus a great backrest!

Back