Rock_Roll_Rain_ User

Yea, not sure. I’d probably stick it in 1 because I like the visceral feel but Suzuki did exactly this didn’t they with the latest Gen3 Hayabusa, I believe there’s 10 steps (1 to 10) on traction control, wheelie control and power if not more. I wonder how many owners don’t even bother to fiddle and just ignore all that and leave it on a factory setting (A mode) 🤷‍♂️.

For me... a consistent throttle response is the most important thing.... so I tend to not use "user modes" unless the risk when using them is less then any possible benefit. Lots of time when riding, ones "monkey brain" is looking after you.... so when a sudden requirement to brake/swerve/uturn etc I want the bike to be responsive in a reliable way..... and off course I want it to be fun.... so always rock on this bike for me.... it would have to be really wet or slipery for me to think otherwise.... so if 1 is "rock" then always that for me.... if wanting a gentler throttle in a cruise... then I use cruise control for that.

The only time I use something different is on my r nine t scrambler when on the dirt..... so I go to dirt mode.... but whilst that remaps throttle response (annoyingly).... it's mostly about traction control and ABS mapping.....

Last edited:
Rock. Rock and then rock.

In the rain I backed off my a 1000r and my rr to not get dead

This is the r18 for gosh sake. Laughable

Last edited:
Rock. Rock and then rock.

In the rain I backed off my a 1000r and my rr to not get dead

This is the r18 for gosh sake. Laughable
Truth be told and most all sarcasm aside, my ktm 690 had such a switch. When full on (5/5) it was impossible for my ability to ride it off road and remain attached to the bike.

Back