Roctane weight vs R18

Is the Roctane a physically longer bike than the R18? Was curious where the added weight is coming from.
Yes, the Rocktane is on the larger frame, like the Transcontinental and Bagger. It's longer than the R18 and R18 classic.

It feels heavy off the stand, heavier than the base R18, but like many big bikes that weight feel probably goes away once it is moving.

Yes, the Rocktane is on the larger frame, like the Transcontinental and Bagger. It's longer than the R18 and R18 classic.

It feels heavy off the stand, heavier than the base R18, but like many big bikes that weight feel probably goes away once it is moving.
At slow speeds (<2 mph), you feel the 825 pounds of wet weight. Once you get going, you don't feel it.

IMHO, the bigger wheels and the length, make it feel different than the Road King Special.

Bottom line - I love it 😻

PS. While riding listen to Zeppelin's "Whole lotta love", but swap the word bike for love 😉😉

That’s incorrect, it has the same frame as the R18 and Classic, not the B and TC.

The Roctane feels way more maneuverable than the Classic. Must be the wheels or something. I was interested in the classic, wife prefers the bagger. The roctane feels nicer to ride to me. I’d prolly pull that trigger if it had a windshield option. It makes the buying decision more difficult.

The Roctane feels way more maneuverable than the Classic. Must be the wheels or something. I was interested in the classic, wife prefers the bagger. The roctane feels nicer to ride to me. I’d prolly pull that trigger if it had a windshield option. It makes the buying decision more difficult.
Yes, is because of the wheels, specially the front (bigger than the classic). I have seen pictures of the Roctane upgraded with the classic windshield, as many people (including me) did with the R18 First Edition. About the bagger, in this forum and other sites, some owners refers that the wind protection is not entirely satisfactory…

Back