Roger from Atlanta R18B

Hello, just bought a demo R18B from Gateway BMW in St.Louis. Doing a fly and ride from Atlanta next week.

I bought the bike as I think I can fully service it myself. So current reading is what I need to do for 600 mile service as I will be there once I get home. I have had other BMWs but this is the first bike I have owned without a center stand so trying to figure out how to work on it. Seems like a jack lift needs adapters for exhaust. Anyhow, lots for me to read.

Here is pic from dealer website, I will update next week once I pick it up!20221021_122457.jpg

She's beautiful! Download the app and the states you'll be traveling through before you go. I almost got a classic from them last year, but I sat on one at a local dealership and realized I was too big for it.

During break-in I would keep the revs down for at least 600-1000 miles.

Hello, just bought a demo R18B from Gateway BMW in St.Louis. Doing a fly and ride from Atlanta next week.

I bought the bike as I think I can fully service it myself. So current reading is what I need to do for 600 mile service as I will be there once I get home. I have had other BMWs but this is the first bike I have owned without a center stand so trying to figure out how to work on it. Seems like a jack lift needs adapters for exhaust. Anyhow, lots for me to read.

Here is pic from dealer website, I will update next week once I pick it up!View attachment 7490
Congratulations on the new bike.. There's lots of information regarding the center stand issue; I think the Kern-Stabi X518 looks to be like the best center stand option. Lot's of forum members have some good pictures using the kern-stabi x518 with various jacks and lifts.

Do the bags have the rear speakers in them…hard to tell from the photo? Thinking in the US that is the only way they are sold.
Mine is the base R18B and no rear speakers. There are some options I would have liked but not rear speakers as I commute and pannier volume matters a lot. Any option package added to base seems to add rear speakers and cost was a big factor, so base was the one for me. Has heated grips but not seat, has front speakers but not back, no tpms, no ACC just dynamic cruise.

Back