Ruby R5 LED Aux Lights R18 B

I recently purchased a pair of Ruby R5's which where recommended as an equivalent in quality alternate to Clearwater (overpriced). They are indeed very well made.
I've followed several threads but, haven't yet seen which "switched power" wire that is favored to tap for Aux. driving lights.
Any experiences with this? Any feedback is appreciated.

Never saw these... I want to order but the R7 is out of stock... thats what I want! Lets see who get the answer on that switched power first lol

Where are you planning on mounting the lights? Engine protection bars or forward fairing area?

How many amps do the lights draw?

And how do "you" want to switch them ON/OFF; is there a preferred method and switch location?

i.e. I added Auxiliary Lights to my Bagger, which were the OEM TC Aux Lights, Bracket and Directionals. I installed a latching push-button switch in place of the dashboard 12V accessories socket. It actually looks really nice IMO (beauty is in the eye of the beholder)... The switch fit perfectly.within the existing mounting hole for the 12V socket. See attached picture

I also used the 12V power from the accessories socket, to power the lights;. current draw was approximately 1A (Amp).

Screenshot_20230811-170004.png

The R5's only draw 3-4 amps so not worried.
The optional Ruby designed Wire harness + Switch is soon to be back in stock so, that wont be an issue. But, in case backup plan needed, I like the way you adapted the Aux. power socket.
I assume that socket is where you also tapped the power? Those wires stay hot for 5mins after ignition off so, definitely needs a switch.

Thanks!

Back