Saddle bags care

fernando

Site Supporter
Anyone using already a product like beewax or anything else on their saddle bags? does the product work well, does it change appearance?
This is really for the R18 Classic saddle bags but there may be other saddle bags that could also benefit from contribution here.

I keep at home Skidmore's Biker Edition Leather Cream that I have used before on leather saddle bags, once applied to them they were rejuvenated but also got a shinny appearance (not bad) that diminished in time to a nice looking finish until becoming dull again over time. I wonder how that product will perform on the Classic OEM's saddle bags.

Thanks

Last edited:
Still waiting on delivery, but you have brought up a good point. I may just use standard synthetic furniture leather treatment, or if I want to get fancy, we use mink oil on our cowboy boots in this part of the west. It is the most wonderful high quality leather treatment - odorless and it dries with no shine, just a lovely restored look.

The rear side of the bike get dusty pretty quickly, including saddles.

Used a vaccum cleaner and a special suede leather brush.

I wonder weither the saddles would benefit from an anti stain and/or waterproof treatment ?

The rear side of the bike get dusty pretty quickly, including saddles.

Used a vaccum cleaner and a special suede leather brush.

I wonder weither the saddles would benefit from an anti stain and/or waterproof treatment ?
The aforementioned mink oil is a waterproofing agent, as well as preservative. It is not perfect on our boots though so considering highway or road spray, droplet size and bike speed, it migh be best to treat the leather but have the soft bag contents in a water proof plastic bag or one of those kayaker's roll top bags or something.

Back