Search search search...where is that thread...

motoring

...about an upside down 'junction box' that left the wires plugged-in exposed to possible water damage? Recall reading it and seeing the photo but darn if I can locate it at the moment. My dealer is getting my bike ready next week and what to send that to him in case bmw had done anything to address that issue.

Also, suggestions for battery tender charging with this can-bus bike? Do I just need them to add a battery tender plug from the battery then connect any of my battery tenders to it...as if life would be that simple with newer bmw bike...though maybe :)

I will have the bike in time for the bmwra rally so a trip to Wunderlich will be in order I think. Already want that shaft drive led light do dad 🏍️
Thank you

Search the following within the Technical Garage Section, there is a whole write-up concerning trickle chargers:

ALMOST was a DIY on installing battery trickle charger, but stopped when realized bike might not like direct trickle charging (photos in thread)​

Also, I think you were referencing the fuse holder which is exposed (50A and 15A), and appears like there should be a cap or cover over the fuse tray. See the below picture, which I grabbed from the above mentioned thread concerning trickle charge or not to trickle charge...

1663497022429.png

Hum…maybe not certain. Wonder if I saw it on a fb r18 or R18 Owners thread. For some reason thinking it was a photo of a upside down box (aka a square shaped box with the top lid off but there was no cover (top lid) and the person that posted the thread was commenting on the exposed wiring (think a wire or two plugged into that open box area). Person was concerned with water filling into that open area.

Hum…maybe not certain. Wonder if I saw it on a fb r18 or R18 Owners thread. For some reason thinking it was a photo of a upside down box (aka a square shaped box with the top lid off but there was no cover (top lid) and the person that posted the thread was commenting on the exposed wiring (think a wire or two plugged into that open box area). Person was concerned with water filling into that open area.
I remember the thread, I remember going out to my bike to compare notes - at least that's how I interpreted the question.

Back